Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Trying To Schedule A Photo Shoot - Two Busy People and One Single Day

Yesterday, I finally touched base with my tattoo artist again and we're trying to work out a date for a photo shoot before the temps get too cold. That's a definite concern because we're quickly running out of October and if we're doing a shoot outdoors, we're also running out of tolerable weather and temperatures. Of course, we could always move to the Como Conservatory or work within the Como Zoo - both of us live close enough to the zoo and Como Park to make that a possibility. But I'm trying for a meet on the last Friday of October. 


I'm not sure if this will link out correctly, but I finally got a chance to see the video Rodney made of my tattoo before I left after the second session. We still want to get together for a photo shoot, but this is his Instagram page where he posted. He had me move outside of the Tattoo studio to get this video done without glare and spotlights. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQyy4i7HpfE/



I'm fortunate to live near St Paul. In fact, when I first moved up to here from New Mexico, I lived within easy walking distance from Como Park - the crown jewel in the park system of the Twin Cities. Those who live on the "other side" of the river (that would be the Mississippi River), would probably give their votes to parks on their side, but for me, the premiere park will always be Como Park. 




Como Park is a wonderful place. The grounds of the Zoo 
are where the small white square is on the center left. The 
zoo comes quite near to the rectangular building a 
bit down and to the right which is the Conservatory. 
There is an 18-hole golf course taking the top 1/3rd, 
and a large pavilion fronting the lake a bit more to 
the east. The lake itself is quite large. Many people take 
the walking/biking paths around the lake to get their 
daily exercise. At the bottom of the park, below 
that final blue roadway is another small white 
rectangle. That's the public swimming pool with a 
zip line and wading pool area.  



The main attractions of Como Park are the Marjorie McNeely Conservatory and the Como Park Zoo. Both of these amazing venues are free to the public except on special occasions or reserved dates (wedding photo shoots in the Conservatory are fairly common). The Zoo is always free, and the Conservatory sets aside one day a month as a fee-based day for photographers to come into the grounds and take photos. Chickie has gone to several of these events, but I've only attended with the usual public on free days. If I remember correctly, there are only nine free zoos in the nation, and Como Zoo is one of them. 




The Como Park Conservatory is stunning. It's an amazing and 
large venue with a tropical room, a more temperate room, 
and outdoors there is also a wonderful Japanese garden. 
It's a great place to go in the middle of Winter to defrost 
a bit and remind yourself that Spring will come. 



I'm rather hoping that Rodney will approve of my thoughts for our photo shoot. He wants some more "artistic" photos of my tattoo, and I would love to be outside during one of the last autumn days before the snows fly (if we're lucky enough to be outdoors with the unpredictable weather we get at this time of the year). Blue skies and sunshine would also be a plus - not asking for a lot, am I - LOL? Of course, I wouldn't mind being in the Conservatory either. 




During the Covid shutdown, Como Zoo, like many other 
zoos across the nation, took their penguins to other places 
to allow them to explore and expand their surroundings. Here, 
the Como Zoo penguins took a visit to the nearby 
Conservatory to enjoy the Spring tulip exhibition. Aren't 
they adorable? 



So the ball is back in his court. The 29th of October is the only day I can see that we might both have off at the same time. Things may not come together but we can try. 




No comments: