Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Today I See the Allergist - and The Newest Release by TJ Klune

Today I have a 7:40 am appointment with my allergist. I knew I'd be fighting time, so I didn't take my usual two-mile run this morning. Sure enough, it's 5:45 right now and if I had chosen to run, it would be much closer to 7:00 am - the time when I really need to be getting into the car so that I could drop off my laptop before heading out to the clinic. As much as I hated giving up my morning run, it was the correct decision. Now if the doctor can only figure out something that will work to tame my allergies, I'll be grateful forever. My skin right now is extremely painful and unattractive, and I'm certainly NOT on board with that! 




Hopefully I won't have to find out. I'm really 
trying to be one of the first people through the 
door when they unlock at 7:30 am, so that I won't
be late for my 7:40 am doctor appointment. 



This weekend is our annual Gem and Mineral Show. It's on a different date (it used to be in October, after Ren Fest had ended for the year) and at a different location (it'll actually be in one of the buildings at the State Fairgrounds instead of one of the far southern bedroom communities for the Twin Cities). Nonetheless, despite the schedule and location changes, we're still looking forward to going. It does mean we'll be skipping a week of Renaissance Festival, very unlike us. And missing Ren this weekend means we'll have to attend on closing weekend, weather be damned, since it will be our only opportunity to purchase our 2022 Season Tickets. 




DH and I aren't especially fond of agates, but just take 
a look at this photo. I might make an exception for this 
agate if I ever saw it. It looks like a lakeshore in the 
late fall or early spring, with windswept waves cresting at the 
near bank, and the hint of the far shoreline appearing 
mid-view. This example of an agate is simply stunning. 



Although I think my current allergy attack hinged on a food trigger, I think my body just decided to puck up that ball and run with it, and that there are a lot more things going on right now than a tomato sensitivity. I'm hopeful for a couple of things. (1) I'd like to get a full allergy testing regime done. I haven't had one of these since I was a kid, and I know allergies change over time. I really need to know what's going on with me now, 50+ years after my first round of tests. (2) I also hope there will be a prescription (or several prescriptions) that I can use on my current flare-up. Normally, things that can be used on the body, can't be used on the head, and head medications, often can't also be used on the face and eyelids. I need it all, so I may be looking at several different meds, but I need something that packs a punch to get this under control. 




It's the "Happily Ever After" part that's the real fairy 
tale. In real life, that actually take a lot of hard work. 



So, I dream of a happy ending. I don't want my Prince to coming riding up and whisk me away. I'd probably leave him with a black eye, steal his horse, and return to the dwarves who love me. No, what I want is to look and feel like a human being once again - something that's been out of my control for the past few weeks. Crossing my fingers that I can get some solid answers. I'll be back tomorrow, hopefully with some good news. 




Go and buy your copy of "Under the Whispering Door" 
today. I've been waiting for months, and I'm settling my 
always-open Barnes & Noble account right now and getting 
this into my in-box. As soon as I've finished with my 
current book I'll dive into this one (or maybe I'll
shelve my current book and read this first). 



Oh ... and for those of you who adore TJ Klune ... his latest "Under the Whispering Door" has now been released. I'll be finalizing my order as soon as I've finished today's blog. Run to your latest store (or website) and get this book. It's going to be fantastic. I'll be back tomorrow, please have a glorious day and be kind to those with whom you interact today.  




No comments: