Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Welcome to Fall and a Meme to Share

Welcome to Fall. Yes, the clock continues in its' never-ending move forward and we're entering our next season in the Northern Hemisphere - we're moving into Autumn. Fall is actually one of my top seasons - I love the colors, the vibrancy, and the harvest that Fall signifies. Of course, it's usually a bit truncated here in the Frozen Northlands, but I'll take what I can get. I've been enjoying the turning leaves I've been seeing over the past week or two, and it's almost time to take a drive and shoot some pictures for personal enjoyment and inspiration. 




TJ Klune's latest released yesterday and I'm pushing it 
up my TBR list and making it my next read after finishing 
the series I'm currently deep into. The reviews came 
in at 4.5 to 5 stars across the board, so it's another hit for 
TJ - an author I've followed and recommended for more 
than a decade. 



TJ Klune's newest book released yesterday, and it's getting stellar reviews - exactly what I had expected. It's in my TBR, and I'll be pushing it ahead of a LOT of other books and making it one of my next two books to read. There's nothing better than a good book to settle down with over the winter months, and winter is knocking at the door up here. I know I'm going to love it already. 




Who better for this short Meme than one of my 
absolute favorite actors in one role he played 
to perfection? Love me some Gene Wilder. 



I'm stealing this meme from Bleodswean, a friend of mine who is a talented writer and photographer. It looked like a fun one, and I've been meaning to do it and share with all of you, so here goes ...

1 - When did you last stay in a hotel, and where?

    I actually think it was in 2019 when I attended what would be my final Bead & Button Show. The 2020 show was cancelled, and the corporate went out of business in late 2020. My summer this year was empty and vacant without meeting with my fellow beaders in Milwaukee. I'm finding that I am really missing that shot of creativity I got from that show every year (although my pocket book was happier with the saved cash). 


2 - Have you ever had any teeth pulled? 

I had all four of my wisdom teeth pulled when I was in my mid-teens. I was petrified, and it wasn't the greatest experience, but I didn't have to repeat it, so I was quite grateful in the end. My Dad agreed to get contact lenses for me as a reward, a true win/win. 


3 - What is one of your favorite comedy movies? 

I don't do a lot with movies in general - I guess I'd have to go with any of the Minion movies, I adore Gru and the girls, and the Minions just make everything perfect. I love animated movies in general, and really don't pay much attention to other movies except LOTRO and Harry Potter. 


4 - Do you have a crush on anyone you haven't really talked to before? 

No. I'm quite far beyond crushes. There are certainly people I would love to talk with, but I'm not crushing on them. 


5 - What is your least favorite Sour Patch color? 

Ummmm ... all of them? I don't like candy much, and really don't like sour candy. I know ... I'm barely human. LOL 


6 - Have you ever won a competition? If so, what was it and what did you win? 

I have the blue ribbons on my wall that prove I've won in some of my beading competitions, but I also have quite a few reds and a white or two. I think the thing I loved the most was my beaded hobby horse winning People's Choice at the gallery. I didn't "win" anything except bragging rights for that one, but I was delighted that other people loved "Horse" as much as I did. 


7 - Did you ever take classes for a musical instrument when you were younger? 

I started out learning piano, but after a few years (and several different teachers) I knew that wasn't the instrument for me. When I was 10 years old, however, my elementary school was getting all of us fitted out with instruments for the school orchestra. Although I wanted the French Horn, they put a cello into my hands and it was magic. The cello was my instrument for the next eight years, until I graduated from High School. I was first chair in the City, as well as the State for my age group, and fought hard with a frenemy for the position. She's currently still playing and we're still sometimes friends, in contact on Facebook. 


8 - How often do you walk around barefoot? 

I don't. My feet are quite flat and I really need my orthotics for comfort. I have outdoor shoes, which I switch to indoor shoes at the entryway. I'm not even barefoot in my shower - preferring to wear shower shoes (flip flops with holes throughout the soles purchased at Target for cheap - but perfect for their intended use). 


9 -What architectural style was your childhood house? 

It was a tract house from the early 1960's with a main floor and a full basement. My Dad ran his accounting business from half of the basement, my Mom taught piano in one of the other basement rooms, and we had a playroom/sewing room and a small spare bedroom next to the furnace room. Upstairs were three bedrooms, 1-1/2 bathrooms, an open living room/dining room and a small kitchen, leading out to a nice backyard with a sheltered porch. The garage was detached with barely enough room for the two cars - my Mom's Chevy and Dad's Plymouth. Laundry was line-dried behind the garage and the incinerator was also located there (while that was still an option). We lived in that house through elementary school, but moved when I started Middle School. 


10 - To whom to you usually say "Good Morning" to first? 

Hubby, if he's awake. Otherwise, Chickie when she arrives at work, or the delivery guy from FedEx who's usually at the door at about 8:30 am if he has something to drop off. 


11 - When was the last time you visited the park? Who did you go with? 

That's been a long time. I drive through them a lot, but rarely stop to park and enjoy. Probably because parking can be a PITA. When I do go, I prefer to go on my own. I hate to rush through, and would rather look at things as they take my attention. 


12 - What language did you take in High School? 

I took German because I was lazy. I grew up with parents who spoke German regularly, so it was a way for me to coast through a language requirement. 


13 - Have you ever been to a drive-in theater? 

Absolutely, and I remember them with great happiness. 


14 - Have you ever been on vacation with someone other than your family? 

Sure. For many years, my Bead & Button roommate would fly into the Twin Cities from her home in California and we would drive out to the show together, spend the week there, then drive back to the cities and I would drop her off at the airport for her flight home before returning home myself. Poo and I had wonderful times together for many years doing that routine and it worked out great for both of us. 


15 - Do you think doctors should be able to prescribe vitamins? 

I think it's good/bad, let me explain. My doctor already does, in essence. She tells me I need to take Vitamin D and C for my bones, so I do. I don't, however, want to have to get an actual doctor's prescription for a vitamin. That would be nothing short of ridiculous. 


OK, so, there you go.  A longer than usual post because of the meme, but I enjoyed this one and hope you did too. Have an excellent Wednesday and I'll be back tomorrow. 




No comments: