Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Culling and a Snow Pile

I spent FAR too much time yesterday going through each of the BINGO cards for Back to Middle Earth Month story prompts and guides. I had ended up with more than 30 possibilities, and needed to make some final decisions, claim my ten cards, and move on with my life - LOL. Yeah! So much simpler said than done. I settled to work yesterday morning with the on-line card list and my list of preliminary card numbers. 



Culling has to be done. In this case I culled to create a final list
from a large field of choices. In the above example, patterns
were culled from a solid field to create visual pattern differences. 



I went through and checked the details of each card, assembling them into a listing. Then I started culling - viciously at first, using a scimitar, then with finer, thinner cuts with a scalpel until I was down to the final choices. I chose and claimed my ten cards, and kept an 11th card for myself. I couldn't throw the Kink card away, but I can use that to fine-tune my personal writing for my own purposes. 



I staked a claim on my ten BINGO cards, and I didn't even have
to build a stone mound or pound down appropriate posts. My
cards are mine now - to my delight and possible regret. 



I made a sheet by BINGO card number assignment- which cards/themes belonged to which of the 75 possible BINGO numbers. On good days I have only two or three, but on bad days I have a lot - sometimes as many as six or seven. I usually prefer to combine things into a single story, and I'm really focusing on short and sweet this B2MeM, but I'll have to see if that actually will work out or not. My time will be VERY limited, so getting through March may be a slog. 



I snapped this quickly with my phone shortly after 9:00 pm last
night. You can see the lights of the college across the street
from me in the background, and the cars from the students parked
along the roadside. The pile of snow we've pulled from the roof
already this month is almost four feet tall! It's going to get bigger. 



Speaking of slog - take a look at this lovely photo of the front of my house with my large snow pile of roof snow DH has pulled down this month dominating the front. Within the next day or two I'll try and take an updated shot from the same general angle. That mountain of snow will be considerably higher. We're expected to get up to six inches today, and another 6"-10" through the weekend. This will be a mess, and might be enough snow to propel us from the fourth snowiest February on record into the top spot. It was not really a record I was striving toward breaking. 

On that note, I have to plug in photos and get moving. It's barely started snowing, but the radar screen on my weather app says it's absolutely here. A snowy drive to the gym today. Enjoy your Wednesday and I'll be back tomorrow. 





No comments: