Monday, April 22, 2013

Such Talent!

Sunday was a strange day. I awakened early and didn't even have to wake my DH who was ready to go on time for a change. I treated him to breakfast, but he didn't say a word. We headed on over to the ACC Show where I purchased a ticket for him (I get in at no charge as a member of the American Craft Council). I finally found him and was able to hand his ticket to him, then went to join Chickie and Chickie Momma roaming the exhibits and looking at everything. Oh my, there were beautiful things! I ran across DH a couple of times, but he stayed far away from me and I really didn't find him again until I was ready to leave when I saw him waiting by the staircase. Still - no words exchanged.

Keith Lewis makes these lovely kinetic earrings - they move and twirl. I had
a pair that I wore to death, finally losing one late last year. I bought a replacement
pair yesterday and he said he could make me a single to replace my loss. I'll consider
it because I love my earrings. Want more? Check the website.

We dropped by a local mall to see a very small gem and mineral show and he bought me lunch at an oriental fast food shop, but still - no conversation. Arriving back home he played his video game for a little bit, worked on an order for a short time and finally went upstairs to the bedroom and closed the door. Still no conversation. I caught up on some emails, buried myself in my latest NookBook and finally watched two TV shows. I joined him for an hour watching him switch between two movies and finally went to sleep at 9 pm. Still no words.

Janine DeCresenzo caught my eye with her coral and gemstone
pieces like the one above. So pretty and so unusual. Check her website out for additional pieces. 

So - OK. What's up with that!?! I'm starting to get angry - never a very effective response to his moods. But rather than concentrate on his negative idiocy, I'm showing you lovely pictures of some of the things I fell in love with at the show yesterday.  Maybe today will be better?

Michael Szabo had a smaller version of this outdoor fountain in
his booth. It was a full circle with that broad flow from both
sides. Stunning, great sound (very high price tag) and totally
amazing. I'm in love with his work. Check him out at his website.

I saved the best for the end. It isn't possible for me to put the series
of pictures up on this (or his other magnificent) cabinets up because they
run as slideshows. But it is SO worth your checking out. By far the most
amazing woodworker I've run across, I am TOTALLY IN LOVE!
Check out the many compartments and the exceptional inlay work that
Mark Laub makes in his pieces by checking his website.

So there you have it - some of the best from some of the best. Even though my DH was being a royal PITA, I couldn't stay upset because I was surrounded by beautiful things that I got to examine first-hand, try on, feel, listen to, and otherwise enjoy. I'll call the day a win in the visual and a loss in the relationship columns of my life.

No comments: