Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A Day of Computer Work and Movies

My foot is healing, but I think one more day of no running will be better for healing than stressing the skin just when it is trying to grow new skin. My dermatologist once told me that skin grows at the rate of 1mm in 24 hours, so I'm going to let the raw edges heal for one more day. Then I'm back to the treadmill...I promise (you and myself because those are the promises that really stick!).


I owe some serious beta work to my friend Lai and will be working on that for most of the day. I also need to photography my entry for the miniatures part of the LOTR Community Challenge since I didn't get to it on Sunday. The entry will be late, but they don't have firm deadlines and I've had it ready, just need to grab the camera.


This lovely thunderstorm was in Texas. Great lightning, isn't it?

We finally got thunderstorms through the area in the middle of the night which broke our heat, dropping it ten degrees. Now things are much more comfortable, so I'm grateful for the boom and the rain. I think we'll have periodic storms throughout the day today so I will need to be kind to my electronics, but I'm pretty sure that things will be OK.


And Chickie and I go to dinner and to see Brave tonight. My DH, of course, "forgot" that I would be out tonight, even though I mentioned it on and off for the past two weeks. Oy! So he grumped about how he would have bought something "special" for his dinner if he had known I was going out. Good grief! I wonder sometimes.... But I'll be enjoying a nice salad, a piece of pie (free pie Wednesday - hard to beat) and a fun movie. What's not to like - LOL?

No comments: