Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Best Laid Plans...

I had all of the best intentions for today...awaken at my usual time, run for a little while, settle down at the computer and answer my Emails and write my blog. Standard schedule. But...as you may (or may not) recall, I went to see "Brave" with Chickie last night. We had a great time at the movie, enjoyed it very much, although I'm not sure if I'll be purchasing this DVD for the future. I may just RedBox it for DH to look at later on. It was very enjoyable and worth staying through the credits to get the very last scene before the screen went black. But...


The main character in Brave has three devilish brothers. They are enough to be poster children for birth control, but very funny.

We went out for dinner before the movie. I ordered an Asian Chicken Salad and my waitress brought me a Sesame Asian Chicken Salad. They are similar, but not the same. I actually was OK with that, though, didn't say anything to anyone because I could live with the substitution, and it was quite good. My free pie was Lemon Meringue since they were out of Lemon Supreme, and that also was fabulous. BUT...


I had a fabulous iced tea with exotic fruit juices along with my salad. It tasted so good and so refreshing. But it was tea, and tea has caffeine - a lot of caffeine. I have coffee every day around 6:00 am, but after that, I'm pretty much caffeine-free for the remainder of the day. It hit me hard. I am usually asleep five minutes after my head hits the pillow. Not last night. After tossing sleepless for an hour, I got up and came to my computer to do some work and read a bit. Since I was up until 12:30 am and wanted more than 2-3/4 hours of sleep, I allowed myself to reset my alarm and get four hours of sleep. Leaving me with a...choice of no blog or no run. I can't skip my blog...so again, no run. Argh! Maybe, if I can wrap this up quickly, I can get 15 minutes in...


And Vive Le Tour. Today is the final day in the mountains Thomas Voeckler pulled out another stage win yesterday and, barring disaster, will ride into Paris with the polka-dot jersey for King of the Mountains. Bravo for France, they've had a GREAT tour. And Bradley Wiggins seems unstoppable in the Yellow. Watch Chris Foote for the future though. He's young, he's strong, and if he wasn't Wiggins' team-mate, he very possibly could have the yellow on his body instead of his team's GC contender. Well done all!

No comments: