Tuesday, September 24, 2024

LJ Idol Voting, Treadmill Installation Woes and Credit Card Win/Lose

Voting is on for the latest story, and as always, I'd REALLY appreciate your reading, and if you liked my story, then I'd also appreciate your vote. (Here's the link  https://therealljidol.dreamwidth.org/1164341.html).   I'm hanging in by the skin of my teeth, but the field is narrowing, and I'd love to make it for another challenge or two (or three, or four ... LOL). I know I won't win - too much talent among these writers. But, I'm holding my own, and it's only my 2nd Idol, so I'm pretty pleased so far. I know it's all due to you and others who vote that I'm still in the game. 



I scheduled the delivery for Monday the 7th, 
forgetting that Mondays are the only days when 
both DH and I have to be at the shop. CRAP. 
I've called Elizabeth and left a text message that 
I messed up and need to reschedule. *sigh* 



It's a swimming day, and all I have swimming through my mind is the fact that I scheduled my treadmill delivery for the ONE day of the week that I can't actually have it scheduled. *sigh* That's what happens when I get called at work and can't concentrate properly. I left a message for my sales rep, who hates me by now, I'm sure. Hopefully she can get back to me today with an alternative installation date. 




I finally got my replacement Discover card yesterday. 
I'm pretty sure things would have been easier without 
the Labor Day holiday messing everything up, but 
at least I have it now. Yippee! 



I finally received my replacement Discover card yesterday, so I'm back up and running once again. What a mess it was, not having my most-used card available to me. We needed this and that, and couldn't do anything because it was stolen. Now I have a new card and I'm breathing much easier. Putting that into my CC wallet made me very happy indeed. 




So I finally received my new credit card yesterday, just 
in time for our credit card system to go dark on us. 
The CC terminal was working fine, the problem was on 
the end of Chase Paymentech. We simply couldn't 
accept any credit/debit cards for payment yesterday. 
It made for an easy close of day, but I lost some 
business by having to send people to one of the many 
cash machines in the area. *sigh*



Of course, Chickie is still on vacation, and will be. So far DH and I haven't snapped at each other too hard, or yelled at each other at all, but those times will come, more than likely. I'll have to deal with them when they do. I don't like yelling at DH, but with his hearing loss, sometimes yelling is the only way to communicate. 


So I'm off to the pool. Slava Ukraini and I'll be back tomorrow. 

No comments: