Monday, September 23, 2024

Hell Week Has Arrived *Sigh* - I Can Hardly Wait for Next Week

It's 5:40 am on my first day of "hell week" and DH is already up and expecting conversation. No. The only conversation I have in the early mornings are with you, my readers, and within my own head. I have no great desire to be sociable at 5:30 am. His normal time to wake up is 6:30 am. Why he decided it was appropriate to awaken an hour early ... *sigh*. Argh! 




Six days in a row working with DH, no days 
off to release pressure through cooking, and 
no real help at the shop. Oh joy! NOT! 



We did have a nice, although cold, day at Fest yesterday. Our friend Ben who owns/operates one of the leather stores there was one of many honored by the King for service - he got his 20-year medallion and certificate. Very nice. He spent a long time at the outdoor court chatting with this person and that person, and later, when I was at the shop speaking to his wife (a dear friend), he came back to the shop in a human drawn "cabriolet". OMG!! But, it was a big day for him, and we all laughed. 




Our King and Queen at the Fest. We've had the same King 
for quite a few years now. We've gone through a few 
Queens in the years I've attended, but only a couple 
of Kinds. Maybe the job of King is easier? Hard to say - LOL. 



DH and I decided to purchase our Season Tickets for next year yesterday, instead of holding out until this coming Sunday. We probably will skip Ren on Sunday - we have the State Fair Gem and Mineral Show to attend, and it's a solid hour drive out to Fest and again back. We decided to save the gas and wear and teat on Minion and go ahead and skip final weekend. 




Chickie and Chickie Mama are flying into New York 
City today. They are thrilled that they will be in the 
audience of a taping of "The View", and there are a few 
other minimal things they want to do in the City, but 
most of their time will be spent with family, north of 
the City, near West Point. 



Of course, today is also the day that Chickie and Chickie Mama fly to New York for the family wedding. They have First Class tickets (they are NOT the person who purchased them - that's beyond their budget by far). Chickie informed me that they had already reserved their specific meals, and bemoaned the fact that since neither of them drink alcohol (health issues), they would not be able to enjoy the endless booze. Personally, I'd skip the meal (toxic food ... no thanks!) and have a wine or two. Different strokes for different folks. 




I do hope that Chickie and Chickie Mama have a great time 
at the family wedding and in NYC, but I'm going to have 
a personal week from hell having to rely on DH to actually 
be helpful at the shop. *sigh*



So, as I embark on seven days in a row working with DH, think kind thoughts for me. If anyone can drive me totally over the edge, it's having to rely on DH at the shop when he's usually hiding in the basement doing lord only knows what. *sigh* It's going to be a VERY long week. Have an excellent Monday and I'll be back tomorrow. Slava Ukraini. 



No comments: