Friday, August 16, 2024

I Wish I Could Be Repaired As Easily As My Car Was

Today starts out really busy, but then will die down to a small roar. I need to return the rental car to the dealer at 7:00 am, and then head to my clinic for an 8:30 am bone density scan. I'm really curious about how my bones are doing. Generally, my bones are great ... except in my hip area where I've been losing bone structure for more than a decade. Thus the bone density drugs which I can only take for a certain time period before giving them a year or two off, and the daily collagen that I add to my morning tea. I'm healthy, I'm active, and I want to stay that way. A broken hip in this house would require us to move, and I'm most DEFINITELY not up to that! 




The ideal is to have bones that look like the bone 
on the left. Mine, unfortunately, are closer to the 
bone on the right (although actually somewhere 
in the middle examples). My leg bones and arm bones 
are great, it's my pelvis that's my problem. But since 
the pelvis is critical, my Doc is keeping a close eye on 
my bones. 



The rental car (which was supplied at no charge by the dealership) was a 2024 Mazda CX-5, exactly the same as Minnion, but a lot newer. New buttons, new dials, but basically the same operation and handling. I was very comfortable in it, but it's white. I really don't like white cars, even though "Cream Puff" my Subaru, was white. But I really prefer cars with color, or if not color, then black. White comes down at the bottom of my list because I live in Minnesota - a land of snow. I don't want to be driving a snow pile around in the winter months - LOL. 




I was pleased to be driving a newer version of my CX-5 
as my rental. It gave me a chance to see what upgrades 
have been made and how it handles. I know I'll have to 
get a new vehicle in a year or three, and I'll probably 
stick with my Mazda because I've never had a car I've 
liked so much. It fits me and my lifestyle to a "T". 



I'll drop off the rental car, then heading to the clinic. THEN I can get to the grocery store about an hour later than usual, get my veggies, and come home to make my "Ogre Juice" for the upcoming week. I'll have to be a bit careful with my spending for a bit. Minnion's repairs were more than $2000, although she was in REALLY good shape for not having been looked at for almost two years. Still, she needed a full set of tires, and those were $1000 of the $2000+. The other monies were for a variety of smaller things plus labor. It could have been worse, but it's still a hit to my budget when we're moving into Fair and Renaissance Festival time. This upcoming Sunday will be our first run out to Fest, which is why I wanted the car examined and repaired, if necessary. I didn't need to have her breaking down on the opposite end of town - the towing fees would be horrific. 




It's only money, right? *sigh* Fortunately I can afford 
the expense, unfortunately, it's a serious punch to the 
budget. No win/no lose, just fact. But I'll have a safe 
car to drive for the next year now, so that's a win. 



I'm working on my current story for LJ Idol. I have to wrap that up today and it's still pulling me into two opposing directions. *sigh*. I don't have to cook anything, though, so spending the day at the computer and cleaning the house for Sharon's visit is looking possible. Hopefully. I hope you have a truly fabulous Friday and I'll be back tomorrow - hopefully with a link to my latest story for you to read. I'll also be sure to let you know when the voting opens (probably in Monday's post). Enjoy your day! Slava Ukraini. 




No comments: