Monday, July 8, 2024

It's Monday - Will the Fence Get Painted This Week?

Happy Monday to all. So far ... (crossing my fingers) it's looking like this might be the week that DH gets to paint the fence. He'll start on our neighbor's side - he thinks that might be a bit dryer than our side. I'll be texting Laura later today to let her know our (yet again) revised schedule. If the weather and equipment cooperates, we may have this task completed by the end of the week. I might have to work a day of my days off so that he can complete the project ... we'll see. I really HATE giving up one of my days off. 




DH has his respirator now, so he's ready to tackle the fence. 
He knows he needs to get this done before too much longer, 
and it's looking like this week will be a good one. I'm 
crossing my fingers that he can get this done. 



Sunday was glorious, though. The weather was absolutely PERFECT for sitting outside and enjoying the weather on the patio. We were able to shelve all of the different problems we've each got digging on our brains, and totally enjoy a wonderful afternoon. I'll harvest my first cherry tomato tonight, and my plants are growing SO big and tall and bushy. I'll have a mass of tomatoes available eventually, and then it will be time to dehydrate them and pulverize them so that I can add fresh tomato taste to my recipes throughout the winter months. Because, no mistake about it, despite the crazy non-winter we had this past season, Winter is Coming! 




Normally at this time of the year, I'd be hip-deep in 
Le Tour de France. To my surprise, I'm just not that 
into it this year. I suppose because of all of the other 
things I've got to get finished before I can enter 
the Fall and Winter seasons. 



We've got about six weeks or so before Renaissance Festival starts, and I'm already looking forward to my season of Fest and the Fair and my annual visit with Sharon. But there's so much to do before then - like figure out how to use a damned rolling pin. I've never been much good at rolling pins - maybe have used one a total of less than 50 times my entire life! But I want to make some eggrolls, and need to make a gluten-free eggroll wrapper for them. That will require rolling the dough, and I'm really bad at it. If I succeed at the recipe, however, I'll be looking for two kitchen things at the State Fair - a Corian cutting board, and a marble rolling pin (or something equally excellent). Both of these items, of course, will weigh a TON, and we take the bus back and forth, so anything I buy will have to be carried throughout the long, multi-mile walking day. That's the "Ick" factor of the Fair. But the positive is that everything will be available there - no hunting around or mail ordering. 




I want a Corian cutting board for my kitchen. I've 
blasted through two cutting boards already since I 
first started WildFit, and I'm cooking a lot these 
days. My "new" cutting board which is less than 
four years old, is getting really scuzzy. I want 
something durable to hold up to the knife work. 



So here it is, the early-middle of Summer and I'm already looking at the Autumn. Crazy, I know, but that's how I operate. I try to look ahead and plan ahead as much as possible - DH and nature being the more unpredictable aspects of planning ahead. Today is easy, though. Finish my tea, have my breakfast, and get to the shop. It's time to work again. I hope you have a great Monday and that your goals are successfully met. I'll be back on Tuesday. Slava Ukraini. 




No comments: