Friday, April 19, 2024

Old Friends and Memories - This and That

Happy Friday, everyone! It's a "day off" for me, so I'll be making my next batch of "Ogre Juice" and working on the computer. If it's a non-windy day, I might try out the drone again. BTW, the store tryout earlier in the week ended up with the drone crashed on top of one of my taller display cases - fortunately reachable without grabbing a step stool, but probably an experiment I won't repeat until/unless I get much better at controlling the little devil - LOL. 




I keep hoping for the perfect day to get some practice 
in with my drone. I might put it into the car, and if I have some 
time, drive to the park and try it out where I won't be hitting 
trees or people. 



I have stacks of paperwork that I have to work on today, and some longer-term projects that I'd like to wrap up (if it turns out to be possible). It's helpful to have goals, but "methinks I have too many of them". More or less. Still, my day started out with a lovely hour+ of meditation and my refrigerator is full of vegetable soup for the next week's meals, so all is golden. 


Yesterday was my ex-fiancee's birthday, so I sent him out a quick text. Seth and I are still friends - very good friends. He lives in the mountains of Colorado on a large tract of land framed by the mountains directly to his West. Ir's a gorgeous spot in the South-Central part of the lower quadrant of the state. Stunning scenery! He's got horses and dogs and his wife, Stephanie. He reads my blog (shout out!), and we keep in nominal touch. I sometimes wonder how very different my life would have been had I chosen him to marry instead of DH, but that's a choice long gone and I'm having a good, if frustrating, life up here in the Frozen Northlands with DH. 


Seth used to travel a lot for his job, and we were able to get together for drinks or just to meet and chat for a few hours if he was passing through anyplace where we both were at. We reconnected while he was on the road crew for a specific singing star (I truly forget who it was - but is was an impressive name). I was in Milwaukee for the Bead & Button Show, and he was passing through Milwaukee for a two-night concert with this musical star. I actually broke my arm that day, so I was in a lot of pain, but I couldn't NOT see him for drinks in the lobby of my hotel when he was able to get away from set-up for a few hours. We've stayed in touch ever since, and I'm very grateful to have his friendship. I've had two extraordinary men in my life (and several who are best tossed into the dust bin - LOL). I've been quite lucky, even if DH often frustrates me. 


Speaking of DH, he worked in the yard yesterday, and got the fallen fencing cut up. We'll reuse the vertical boards for the compost bin, and the cross-pieces will have to be tossed. We're in a bit of a cold snap for the next few days, so I'm sure he'll be happy that he's working at the shop today. It'll only be a high of 41F  (5 C), so a bit chilly for outdoor work. We might even get a small flurry of snow, depending on where you are in the state. It's been a REALLY WEIRD WINTER all around - the "Winter That Wasn't". 


So I'll be trying to diminish the piles of paperwork that I have on my desk, pay some bills, do some computer work, and make Ogre Juice (which only takes an hour). I have an open day of possibilities ahead of me. SCORE!!! Have an excellent day and I'll be back tomorrow on a more crowded early morning - LOL. Slava Ukraini and חיים למען ישראל. (pictures are being a problem today, so it's an almost texT-only blog today. Sorry!) 



No comments: