Wednesday, April 3, 2024

It's A Day of Errands and Cooking - Oh, and Taxes ... Joy!

It must be a day to wake up early. I awakened at 2:05 am and decided to just stay awake since the alarm would go off in less than an hour. I wanted to take a nice, long, relaxing meditation time, and took advantage of the extra time. It was wonderful - very refreshing. I'll probably hate myself later on this week when I feel sleep deprived, but I'll deal with the repercussions then. But, it must be catching, because just after I had started my first load of laundry and settled down at my computer to write today's blog, DH came into the computer room. Apparently he also wasn't feeling sleep, because no sooner had I settled down to start today's blog post, then he came down and turned on his own computer. He's making noise. I HATE noise at 3:35 am. GRRRR




I like my quiet time in the early mornings. Listening to 
DH killing enemies in "Lord of the Rings Online" from 
his computer does NOT qualify as "quiet time". Time 
to find my inner zen - LOL. 



But, I have my first load of laundry in the washer, I'm ignoring DH sitting within a yard of me at his computer, and I'm trying to get my act together for my swimming, shopping, and cooking day. It'll be a busy one, so it's just as well that Aearwen ended up with an unexpected schedule conflict for our Wednesday chat. 




I have two racks of ribs on my side 
of the refrigerator, waiting for the 
crock pot on Sunday. I'll have to make myself 
some more Bar-B-Que sauce before then. 
I've still got enough for this batch (probably), 
but will need to make a new batch within 
a week. So, I'll make sure I have all of the 
necessary ingredients at hand. 



I've been eating WAY too much meat - DH has been going a bit crazy on what he's wanted for dinners on Sundays, and I have another two full racks of ribs in the refrigerator awaiting the crock pot for this coming Sunday too. So, instead of cooking meat of some sort for my weekly dinners today, I'm going to make my Roasted Tomato and Red Peppers Soup recipe. It's a beautiful hearty vegetarian soup, one of my favorites. I grabbed the recipe from my stack this morning and will get it going as soon as I get home from the grocery stores today. 




I love my roasted red peppers and tomato soup recipe. It's 
a bit labor intensive - the veggies need to be broiled before 
they get put together in the blender to make soup. But it's so 
tasty and well worth the trouble of broiling and then skinning 
the tomatoes. It's got a lovely flavor profile - one of my 
favorite winter soups. Even if winter has passed over us, 
I can still enjoy soup for dinner. 



Today is an errand day too, however. I need gas in the car, I need stuff at both the co-op and my usual grocery store, and cooking this particular soup is always a time consuming thing, PLUS there's chicken to be cooked for tonight. So, it's going to be plenty busy - but with things I really like to do. I'll drop off the signed income taxes to my accountant's office, along with the payment, in the morning as well. So, a busy day off. I'd probably better get started on all of this. Have an excellent Wednesday, be kind to those with whom you interact today, and I'll be back tomorrow. Slava Ukraini and חיים למען ישראל.



No comments: