Saturday, August 6, 2022

I Was A Busy Bee Yesterday - Housecleaning and Voting and Range Extenders

I had a really busy day yesterday, not just shopping at Whole Foods and my local grocery store (still ended up forgetting one item - oh well...), but then I dove into housecleaning. I straightened up Sharon's Room, moving a few boxes into the Library until she's returned home, and doing a general clean-up, ending with a thorough vacuum of the carpeting. I haven't pulled out and made the bed yet, that will come closer to when she arrives. Then I moved on to the hallway. 



I have a lot of nooks and crannies I need to go through, 
and a lot of corners that need to be cleaned out. For some 
reason, things seems to accumulate in corners. I have no 
idea why. Do you? 



The hallway held several boxes of outdated software that I also moved into the Library, and after it was all cleared, I vacuumed that as well. I didn't bother with the main bedroom - I'll catch that at a later date. 



I purchased four of these ExtendTech WiFi boosters 
and they arrived late last week. I took an hour off 
from housecleaning and other tasks to get them installed 
and set up. I couldn't put the one in Sharon's room quite 
where I wanted it. I judged it was too close to the heat 
vent and would be too hot in the winter months when the 
heat is almost always on. So I had to pick a secondary 
location. Hopefully it will be a good one. I also put 
one in the den and one in the kitchen. They seem to 
be up and operating, and I think I got DH's phone set 
to work with them after he got home last night. At 
least that's the hope. He has a Samsung phone, and that's 
set up totally differently than my Google phone. 



Moving down a level, I took a break and got my latest set of WiFi Extenders installed. I hope they are installed correctly - LOL. Although I got four of them, I really don't have a good place for the fourth at this time. I'll probably put it into the craft room at some point, but that particular device was also giving me some problems, so I left it with the three - Sharon's Room, the kitchen and the Den. All of them are merrily sporting four green lights now, so they seem to be properly installed. I have no idea, to be honest. I've always been a bit flummoxed by WiFi extenders over the years. 



Sharon arrives on the 1st of September, so I have all of 
August to get my house cleaned and ready. That's not 
bad, and I got a really good start on things yesterday. But 
I have some deep cleaning that I'd like to do, and really, 
I only have Wednesday and Friday to clean, so I'll end 
up needing every one of those days. It would be nice 
if I could keep it going after her visit, but that's 
usually when I shift over to designing and making my 
holiday cards. 



After my "break", I vacuumed the living room completely. My goal is to carpet clean it next week, although I might switch to carpet cleaning the Den instead - it needs it a lot more. I'll see what happens and what seems most important. I want to get to dusting and the finer points of cleaning next week - that always takes time. Also, I might be able to fix some of my dragons, now that I have the correct glue. That would make me very happy indeed. I've got the rest of August to achieve a clean house. It's far from impossible. 

One other thing I did was pick up my latest cleaned garment of my Mom's collection from the cleaners, and drop off the next one. The staff is totally loving these gowns - and they are exceptional. They're cleaning up very well. Each gown is unique and absolutely stunning in its' own way. So, all in all, it was a very busy but quite successful Friday off, and I feel like I might be on top of things for a change. I'm sure that will change, I still have to tackle the computer room, after all, and that room is a disaster! LOL 



Voting cuts off tonight, so please, if you haven't voted, 
do so. There are some rather amazing stories that I'm 
going up against this time. If you're looking for a great 
read, I highly recommend SwirlsofPurple's story this 
week. Take a look and think hard about what she's 
pointing out here. 
https://swirlsofpurple.dreamwidth.org/7324.html




Have an excellent weekend. If you haven't voted for my story, you have until 7:00 pm Eastern Daylight Time to get your vote in. I'm lagging, but I suspect a lot of that is because other people have more friends that are voting for their stories. Technically, mine is on par with most of them, so I'm holding my head high even though my vote count is low. Enjoy your weekend and I'll be back on Monday. Slava Ukraini. 



No comments: