Friday, August 5, 2022

A Rare Photo of Myself and A Scrunch Bug Also - Hmmm ... Nope - Not Similar At All

It's going to be a very busy day, and I already got caught up in something on-line and almost missed posting today's blog post. That would have been tragic. I don't post every day, but it's extremely rare that I'm not posting Monday through Saturday. It's a way for me to clean out my thoughts, touch base with my friends, and generally start my day. So ... here we go today. 




This is the shirt my friend sent to me 
celebrating the Colorado Avalanche's 
achieving the Stanley Cup this year. 
It now fits beautifully. 



Let's start with this. An online friend of mine, a true ice hockey fan, sent me two amazing gifts at the end of this year's season. She sent a Kirill Kaprisov NHL Crossover Jersey, and a Colorado Avalanche Stanley Cup Winners v-neck t-shirt out of the blue to me. This was a very generous gift. She was concerned about the sizing, and the jersey is big, but it's a jersey. It's winter wear. I'll be wearing turtlenecks and sweaters under it - no problem for that amazing jersey. The t-shirt, however was a bit more problematic. I did wear it one day, but it was WAY too big (it's a medium, so NOT a large size, but I'm wearing smalls these days). But I totally LOVED the shirt. So I took it to my tailor and had her bring up the shoulders and lower the armhole, resetting the sleeves. Now it's perfect, as you can see here. (Av's T-shirt from Sharon was also a medium, but since that was a standard t-shirt cut, it didn't need a re-do. I think my tailor did a great job on my v-neck and I adore the shirt. I'm going to wear it A LOT.) 




I'll even do a close-up for you. It's not the best 
photo in the world, apparently my phone "chirped" 
while Chickie was taking the picture and it is 
slightly out of focus, But, I can live with it. I'm 
no runway model, but I'm me. And my tailor did 
a fantastic job on the shirt! 



On today's agenda, after making my next batch of Ogre Juice, is housecleaning and setting up a different set of Wi-Fi Range Extenders. I wasn't happy with the last ones I bought, so I got a different brand/style and I'll deal with getting those set up today. I already forsee that it might be a PITA, but that's the price I pay for getting a better signal on the patio and in the kitchen. In housecleaning, I hope to vacuum and steam clean my living room carpeting, and maybe the hallway on that level. I'll deal with the upstairs on Wednesday if I can squeeze out the time for it. 




I'm still getting these little "scrunch bugs" along 
my ceiling and on my bathroom walls in the 
downstairs bathroom. I'm only getting 1-2 on 
an average day, but still. I have no idea what 
they are, and they don't bite, and are really small, 
but they are annoying. I'd like the only mobile 
things in this house to be DH and me. 



So, as you can tell, it's going to be a busy "day off" for me today. No real surprise there. It's a good thing I like to be busy, because I surely am. I hope all of you have a wonderful day. I'll be back tomorrow, and PLEASE, I would very much appreciate your votes for my latest story dealing with the topic "Unconventional". I NEED those votes to stay in the game and I really want to continue with this talented group of writers for as long as I possibly can. Slava Ukraini. 




No comments: