Saturday, July 30, 2022

Rotation, Writing and an Osotek - Decisions, Both Good and Bad

I did not have a good run today. Yesterday's Covid booster was poorly administered and it's still bothering me. I don't have time to malinger, so I was busy all day yesterday, finishing up by cleaning radishes at 5:15 pm. Still, I'm not at full rotation with my arm yet, and my energy levels are a bit depleted. I could only pull out 1-1/2 miles instead of my usual 2. I'll let myself sluff today, and tomorrow is a sleep-in and no exercise day, and I should be back to normal on Monday. I hope so, since I swim on Tuesday - Thursday and need that full arm rotation back by then. 




I need full arm rotation when I'm in the swimming 
pool, and today I'm not quite there yet. Hopefully, 
by the time I'm back in the pool on Tuesday 
morning, I'll have my arm back from my Covid 
booster and won't have any issue swimming. 



The first thing I did when I got home from the pharmacy yesterday, was photograph my newest booster documents and card and add them to the Vaccination album I have on my phone. It's a LOT easier to handle things that way than try to find photos in the vast array of photos I take. I worked in the kitchen for a couple of hours, and finally had some breathing room, so I went outside and enjoyed listening to my flycatchers peeping in the backyard and watching my hummingbird(s) come to the feeder. I have no idea how many hummers I'm getting to it, but I'm refilling it every week and it's going down steadily. Yesterday I had two visitors and each time it was taking at least twelve good gulps of nectar. Go Hummingbirds - LOL. They're so amazing and so much fun. 




I just love watching the hummingbirds come to my 
feeder. I have no idea if it's one coming several times or 
several dropping by once, but it's a joy to have them 
stop by for a quick meal. 



I'm still pondering "Unconventional". I must have tossed out at least 50 different storylines and ideas by now and I'm unhappy with each one of them. I've got to figure something out - ASAP - I'm running out of time and I refuse to take a strike because I couldn't post something. That would be beyond ridiculous. I'm going to get something written today and polished tomorrow because the clock is ticking. I'm absolutely determined. 




There are just so many ways to take "unconventional" 
as the theme. I can take it as format, storyline, 
structure or theme. It's just so damned OPEN ENDED 
that it's driving me crazy. So, I need to shape those 
ends and make it something that's wholly mine. 



I suppose, in many ways, I'm overthinking the theme for this section of the writers challenge. But, I know I'm not a bad writer, that I can create scenes and characters of interest, and that I'm still in the pack (which is very important too). We're whittling down in numbers, and I always enjoy writing to a challenge, but this one has me flummoxed, and I'm spiraling down a drain of research but no text. I have to pull myself from that vortex and just write! 




My new Osotek Hotwave Vacuum Cleaner 
may not be as applicable to my personal 
needs as I wanted (it doesn't work on carpet, 
only on flooring of all kinds). However, it's 
a magnificent piece of equipment, and should 
do an amazing job on the store flooring. It's 
a self-cleaning item, it heats its' own water 
and I suspect it's going to be the best thing my 
hardwood floors at the shop have seen in 
a long time. I got it on Kickstarter for a reduced 
price, and it may not be the best decision of 
my long life, but it's certainly not the worst 
decision either. 



So, that's my tale for today and I'm sticking to it. I've written down Sharon's dates on the calendar and I still need to get a couple of items for our State Fair trip, and of course, clean the house. I had been looking forward to getting my Osotek, but it's not going to do everything I had wanted. It will be fabulous at the shop, though, so I brought it over to the shop and I'll start using it there next week. My floors may finally be clean for the first time in years using this, but I don't have a lot of floor at home, so when I close up the shop next year, I'm not going to have a lot of use for it. Still, it's going to earn its' keep for a few months, and that'll be good. 


I'm out of here, have a fabulous day and a wonderful weekend and I'll be back on Monday. Slava Ukraini. 




No comments: