Friday, July 29, 2022

Headphones, Boosters, Healing and Fairy Godmothers - I'm All Over the Place Today

DH had decided he wanted some bone induction headphone for his tablet, similar to what I use. I use the underwater ones because I wear mine in the swimming pool as well as on the treadmill, but he just needed a more standard set. So I purchased a non-submersible version of AfterShokz which arrived at the store on Wednesday. I got it unpacked yesterday and charged it for him this morning. He's set to go as soon as he pairs it up with his phone and tablet. I have a feeling he'll love it as much as Chickie, ChickieMama and the rest of us love our own AfterShokz headsets. 




The AfterShokz Aeropex is quite different than 
the underwater version I have. The buttons are 
much easier and the charging cable is totally 
different - also much easier. Still, I love mine and 
use it every day. I suspect DH will get a lot of 
use from his as well. 



I have to build my schedule around my Covid booster shot this morning. I've got an 11:00 am appointment. I'm not 100% sure why I chose that time - possibly because I wanted to be finished with the grocery shopping and have everything home and in the refrigerator before heading over to the pharmacy. It's not a huge deal, and I probably could still make an earlier appointment, but I'll keep my schedule - go early to the store and then back to the pharmacy. It's tempting to take a brisk walk over to the pharmacy. It'll be sunny but not too hot. I'll think about it. It's only a mile away, so no real issue walking there and back home again. 




Last time I got the Moderna booster, and I'm getting 
a Moderna booster again this time. Hopefully I won't 
have any reaction to it because I still have a lot of 
things I need to get done this afternoon. 



After I'm finally finished with my outside errands, I'll get my next batch of "Ogre Juice" made. I have three portions left, but those are for Saturday, Monday and Tuesday. I could make my next batch on Wednesday, but I prefer to be ahead of things on this one, not backed into an "I must make this today because I need it tomorrow" corner. 




I've been called "unconventional" by many people throughout 
my life, but I'm not sure I want to go autobiographical 
in this tale. I try to stay with fiction as much as possible - 
my private life is kept semi-private. Still, I certainly fit 
the basic definition of the word. 



I'm still whirling away with my story for "Unconventional". I've come up with a lot of very boring things - I'm not fond of boring. I'll continue to think about it, but I really want to get something posted and move on from there. It doesn't make much sense to be a part of this awesome group if I don't push myself a bit. 




Please keep sending those healing thoughts in 
Keiliss' direction. They're doing real good, 
and hopefully will continue to help her heal to 
return home to her family once again. 



And for those of you thinking lots of positive thoughts for my friend Keiliss, she's out of ICU and into the general care ward now, but still has a lot of healing ahead of her. Please keep those positive healing thoughts coming for her - healing thoughts like that can only help and she (and others in hospital) need all of the positive help we can give to them. Thanks to all of you for your thoughts and prayers *hugs*. 




There is some truth to this. Cinderella annoyed me in 
many ways.  (Actually, most of the "fairy tales" of
my youth were quite annoying). 



So, I'm out of here. A busy "day off" as usual - LOL. Since I have Sharon's flight schedule in hand, I suppose I should spend much of my afternoon on a preliminary housecleaning. That's ideal, of course, and probably won't happen since I'll be making Ogre Juice, but a girl can dream. Where's a Fairy Godmother when you need one? LOL Have an excellent Friday and I'll be back tomorrow. Slava Ukraini. 




No comments: