Friday, June 24, 2022

Writing - I'm Sinking That Ship and Trying Again

I wrote about 500 words on the prompt yesterday and I'm probably going to trash it today. I think I'll shift focus and completely change my track. I had some fun researching things for my first foray into the prompt, but it just didn't float well. So I'll sink that ship and try again with a new one. Hopefully this next try won't be a rerun of Titanic - steaming ahead boldly, looking beautiful, and shot down by the unexpected, never to rise again. 




I'm going a bit larger than usual with my photo because 
there's so much detail in the text. It's probably still 
really hard to read, but I hope you can grasp the timeline 
if you have it up on your own screen. 



I'll head to my tailor this afternoon to pick up the two tops and two skirts I left with her last week. That will give me some wearable clothing for Renaissance Festival, so I'll feel much better about attending Fest this year. 




I bought a KobraTech 10" Ring Light 
a month or so ago. It comes with a tall and 
a small tripod, a remote control shutter 
release, and various brackets to accommodate 
my cell phone as well as an iPad or tablet. 
I'm hoping the ring light will be the perfect 
thing for the round and bicone crystal 
photographs. 



I'll also try to spend some time with my ring light this afternoon, trying to get the bluetooth connection established between the control and my phone for photographs. I don't think I'll be quite ready to start the photos for the round crystals today, but I might be able to begin those next week. I might, however, be able to format the grid sheets for the other sizes of round Swarovski crystals. That will get me one more step ahead. 




I'm not exactly sure who's teaching today's 
cooking class, but I have taken several 
courses from Chef Jason Nesbitt, and when I 
was having some food issue problems earlier 
this year, he was one of the people who 
reached out to me with possible solutions. 



Fridays are always a bit crazy, and today won't be an exception. In addition to everything else on my agenda, I have a live cooking class with WildFit at 11:00 am. I really like the cooking classes. I'm learning a lot, and I've gotten some nice recipes too. I think today is only an hour, maybe a bit less, and I love watching them live when I can. The recordings are always available to us afterward, though, so if I miss something, or come in late, I can catch up later. 




One of my favorite Minion pics to share with you 
today. I'm always learning new things - I think that's 
one thing that helps keep me young. 



That's all for today. It seems like I have quite enough on my agenda to keep me busy - LOL. Have an excellent Friday and I'll be back tomorrow to wrap the week up. It's hard to believe that we're already almost finished with June! The summer is just rushing by! Slava Ukraini. 




No comments: