Saturday, January 15, 2022

Toasters, Schedules, Snow and Petra - All In All, A Good Day

Yesterday was a series of events, mixed with three inches of snow that was falling continuously from early morning until late afternoon. I ended up shoveling the driveway and walkways three separate times, but I got my exercise. I wish it had been a bit warmer - it was the cold that was hard to deal with, not the snow itself. But the storm has left us behind and is on its' way to bother people southeast of us. It's a massive storm system and I'm sorry for anyone who will be impacted by this one. 




So, after the two slots on the right suddenly didn't 
work properly, I thought for $30, it wasn't worth 
dealing with repairs, so I purchased a new one. 
DH is welcome to fuss with the old one, and we'll 
keep it for a year in case the new one breaks and 
we need to send it out for warranty repair. We need 
a toaster - we use it every day. 



Yesterday morning the left two slots of our 4-slot toaster suddenly couldn't be locked into an "on" position. Quite odd. We tried to figure out what was wrong, but DH finally had to go to work and I had to go to the grocery store, so we left it for later. 




I was panicked, I was so tied up with Customer Service 
that I couldn't start my cooking live class on time. BUT ... 
 I was panicked for no reason. After hunting for the link 
for what seemed like forever, I read the class description 
more carefully and realized that it is scheduled for next 
Friday, the 21st, not the 14th. "Whew", a bit of breathing 
space after all. 



After returning from the grocer, I started looking at the user's manual and finally called Customer Service, who weren't very helpful either. My chat with the Customer Service rep pulled me well into the time when I was supposed to be doing my cook-along, so I panicked a bit, left the issue unresolved for the moment, and searched for my class ... only to find that it wasn't for the 14th, but for the 21st! Oy! I put the pork tenderloin into the freezer for the week, used some of the veggies for the current batch of "Ogre Juice" which I was making in the afternoon, and generally apportioned the perishables, ready to purchase new closer to the actual class date. I hope I won't be quite as busy next week, and that I'll actually remember to join the call in a timely fashion. 




Precious Lee is a stunning plus-sized model who walks 
the runways of the top designers including Versace and 
Christian Seriano. Her outfit for Project Runway was 
quite revealing and over the top, but it suited her, and 
she looked stunning in it. She's obviously body proud, 
and deserves to be. She's quite beautiful. 



I gave up on the toaster, checked Target for another one, and when I found out it was only $30, I bought one on-line for pickup an hour or so later. Then I settled down to watch Project Runway. A fun challenge this time, and even though I was sorry to see who was sent home, it was absolutely justified. My PR Facebook group was harsh on the judges for their decision, and equally harsh on the guest judge's outfit. Precious Lee wore a translucent mesh top with a black corset and leggings. It was a stunning outfit on a stunning young woman who obviously is extremely self-confident. It had a lovely "Dominatrix" vibe, although she was holding a score card instead of a whip - LOL. 




We were down to the final six designers before this 
week's episode (now we're at five). L-R Kristina, 
Bonz, Aaron, Coral, Chasity and Shantall. There are 
some very strong designers in the group, but I'm putting 
my money on Chasity or Shantall - both extremely 
talented designers. 



I enjoyed the episode, agreed with the judges despite my liking the person eliminated, and headed to Target to pick up my new toaster. I shoveled the driveway (#2 of the three for the day), and headed indoors to set up the new toaster, file the appropriate documentation, and continue with my rather broken day. Around 5:00 pm I shoveled one more time, then called it done for the day. It had stopped snowing and I was hopeful I could leave it alone from then on. 




I have now successfully walked the 40 miles to
Petra in Jordan, learned a great deal about the 
area surrounding the site, and really enjoyed 
the process and the daily positives of seeing 
my mileage accumulate. On to Giza and Egypt! 




Later in the night, I entered my steps for the day into my Conqueror Challenge app and voila! I have now successfully reached Petra and have completed my first challenge. It took me 11 days to walk the 40 miles to Petra, so not too bad. I should be receiving my medal soon and I'm looking forward to it. Now to start my next challenge - the Giza Plateau in Egypt. I'm already looking forward to it. Have an excellent Saturday and weekend, and I'll be back on Monday. Be kind, help those in need, and have fun - life is the best ride in the universe. 




No comments: