Saturday, October 2, 2021

An Unsatisfactory Run but A Wonderful Trial Run - Winning and Losing

Today's morning run was unsatisfactory, but not all exercise sessions are winners. My left hip was bothering me a bit, so I kicked down the intensity level and cut down on the mileage. At least I got some exercise in, but all in all, I'm not very happy. 




I fully admit the Finis Duo headset looks a bit dorky when 
worn, but if I does what it claims to do, I'll be extremely 
happy with it. The drawback with this one, and the reason 
I broke down to buy the second brand, is the limitation for 
MP3 files only. That limits it to music. I like music when 
I'm swimming, but I can lose myself in a book, and rarely 
lose myself in a play list. When I'm trying to get my laps in, 
losing myself in my sound can be a make or break plus. 



Yesterday's trials for Monday's swim, however, were quite successful. My new suit fits really well (I can't believe I fit into it - a year ago that wouldn't have been possible). I got my goggles adjusted and the smaller nose piece attached (with some difficulty), and I mounted, adjusted, and did a quick trial of the bone induction earphones I want to wear and that worked out really well too. I have a new swim cap out of the box ready to go, I did a quick trial of my mold-able silicone ear plugs, and my swim bag is partially packed. I still need to actually get the rest of my stuff together - my kick board, leg pull buoy, definitely a towel, etc. I'm also running through my "revised" schedule in my head to make sure I'll actually be at the pool on time, and still have time for my morning meditation and getting dressed, before heading to the gym and jumping into the water. 




As you can tell, the AfterShokz Xtrainerz bone 
conduction headphones are quite a different look 
from the Finis set I already have. They're sleek 
and are independent of a goggle strap. That makes 
them applicable to more than just the water. If I'm 
successful in downloading my Audible audio 
books onto them, it'll be a total win/win for me. 



I'm anxiously awaiting the new AfterShokz bone conduction headphone set I ordered. If it works anything like the string of positive reviews state, I should be comfortable wearing this one both in and out of the pool. The one I'll be currently using actually attaches to my goggles, so wearing it in the pool is the only option. The new one, however, is a full headband worn behind the head at the base of the skull, and customers are wearing it to do everything from working in their yards, for running, and for swimming. Irrespective of activity, it seemed to get quite positive reviews, so I'm really looking forward to it. 




I'm a bit surprised by the diagnosis of an 
neuroendochrine tumor in Claire's 
stomach. Everything I'm seeing about 
this type of tumor, points to the pancreas 
or intestine, not the stomach. It could be 
a secondary cluster, I suppose, but it just 
rings wrong to me. 



Chickie's mother wasn't feeling well, so she went in to her doctor's for some preliminary tests. Unfortunately, one came back as a possible neuroendocrine tumor in the stomach. Apparently the doctor wants more blood work, and then a more aggressive biopsy done at the hospital. Of course both Claire and Chickie are frightened now, and Chickie's vacation schedule for the next month will be far more up in the air than originally planned. We'll just have to be flexible. DH is already complaining that he has to work "almost full time" over the next two weeks because he has to work one extra day. *sigh*. He normally only works Monday, Wednesday and Friday, so my sympathies are limited. He won't die adding a couple of Tuesdays to his workload. 




Oh the PAIN!!! DH may have to actually work a couple of 
weeks of four-days! I can hear the screech from here! 
Don't you just love melodrama? LOL *le sigh*



So, I'm out of here. I'm reminding you that Monday's schedule will be all topsy/turvy, but we'll manage to work it out. I can hear the swimming pool calling my name, and I'll work the small bumps out as they come up. It'll be wonderful to be back in the water once again. Talk to you Monday, have a great weekend. 




No comments: