Thursday, August 12, 2021

Cooler Temperatures Make Me Happier and Price Tags *sigh*

Today is a bit cooler which is wonderful. I easily could have slept an additional two hours, but my alarm doesn't allow me that luxury. So I awakened when it went off and I started my day. Still, it was a pleasure to exercise in a lower humidity. It's really the humidity that gets us, up here in the Land of 10,000 Lakes. We have 10,000+ lakes and tens of thousands of rivers, streams and smaller waterways, and when it's hot, the evaporation from our waters make for very sticky air. Today, our humidity is around 40%, a nice change from the 70+% we've been having. I was "almost" comfortable during my time on the treadmill. Please notice, I did say "almost". LOL




My new T-shirt features this picture on the 
front and a list of each type of owl on the back 
with a smoky-grey colored fabric. It's 
stunning. I bought one for Sharon and sent it 
to her for her birthday. It may well become one 
of my absolute favorite t-shirts of all time. 



I'm wearing my new T-shirt today, and thinking of Sharon's upcoming visit. Of course, I can't do anything about getting her room cleaned until next week, since I have to work on my scheduled "day off" tomorrow. Chickie deserves to take some of her vacation, so I can't really blame her for taking a couple of days off, but it does "throw a spanner" into our plans. Still, I'll have her room cleaned and ready for her, even if it might be another "last minute" rush. Nothing new in that - LOL. 




My life is a balancing act and sometimes that can be 
extremely frustrating. But I keep trying to keep the 
status quo intact. The very idea of packing and moving 
my things to a different location, although tantalizing, 
is also a nightmare. 



I'm at a bit of a loss about things to say today. I suppose things are running relatively smoothly for a change, and I'll try to keep them that way. We'll see how long this lasts - it never seems to last for long. But I'll take the calm while I can. 




Shout Out to my fellow Word Smith people. 
Aren't we overdue for our next prompt? 



SHOUT OUT to my fellow Word Smiths ... aren't we overdue for a prompt? 




Our price tags are pretty specific - part number, description, 
P/N, country of origin and price. Five lines per item. I can 
use a "copy" feature, but when I've received hundreds 
of items, it still takes time to get the tags generated, 
printed, and put onto the items. 



I hope you have a fantastic day, I'll be spending most of the next three days entering price tags for the shipment we got in earlier this week. The automatic generation of price tags feature in my store's software died a year or so ago, so I have to enter price tags individually now. That really sucks when I get a large shipment of thousands of items through the door. *sigh* I'll be back tomorrow, hopefully with more to say. Please stay safe and be kind. We're not finished with Covid yet, and people are still on edge. 




No comments: