Monday, April 29, 2013

Do I Really Have to Work Today?

I've had a new novel perched in my brain that I really need several uninterrupted hours to whip into synopsis form so that I can see if it is something that has legs or not. I have a picture in my mind that I want to find the models for so that I can arrange them and ink them for coloring. I've had a desire to continue my spring cleaning by organizing my craft room area (before my DH decides to do it on his own). I haven't taken my kiln out for a run for more than a year!!! I want...I want...I want.

Me time. Oh my but that sounds wonderful...

Well...I want time. Time without interruptions. Time in good weather so that I don't have to worry about snow shoveling, rain flooding or sun baking. I want what I will probably never have. It doesn't stop me from wanting it.

The jeans I was wearing are beaded and so pretty. Not as nice as these,
but really fun. A friend sold them to me for cheap! SCORE!

Sunday I actually did exactly what I planned to do. I slept in and after my shower put on a pair of pants and a t-shirt. The pants were really loose, so I pulled out a pair I haven't been able to wear for more than five years and put those on. Comfort! Whoo-hoo! I was really pleased because the pair I can now wear are one of my absolutely favorite pairs of pants. So, attired we started our errands.

I'm not counting calories, but this is a good number and
the sandwich is REALLY GOOD! Highly recommended.

Breakfast at McDonald's - really good! I tried one of their new Egg White Delight McMuffin sandwiches and it was marvelous! Just the right blend of flavors. Add a cup of coffee and I was good to go. After dropping business cards off at a store that has been referring customers to us, we went to Mills Fleet Farm.

Mills Fleet Farm - Wal-Mart with a Western edge. No blue coats here - here
orange is the color and camouflage is a fashion statement. 

Why to Mills Fleet Farm? Because MFF is like a Wal-Mart for farmers and ranchers and DH wanted something to help catch or kill our mole. The mole that we have is digging near our house foundation, endangering the house. If it was in the middle of the yard we wouldn't care. But I can't take a chance on foundation problems because of him, so he has to go. After searching he found some kind of contraption that, if it doesn't kill the poor critter, might frighten him enough to get him away from us. I'm on the side of scare him to death because I hate to see animals purposefully harmed.

I own a Hoover SteamVac Ultra. Why I own a carpet cleaner is a long story
that I may tell one day if I'm searching for a topic. It was a gift from the
gods of Tequila and I am grateful to them for it.

Then I started my house cleaning. I vacuumed like a mad woman for four hours. I even steam-cleaned a section of really filthy carpeting that I had been wanting to tackle. I dusted, I swept and I scrubbed some of the floor coverings and carpet protectors. The only thing I didn't get back to was washing the slate tiles of my entryway. I swept them but forgot that I wanted to return with a mop and bucket to get them really cleaned. But the house is nicely clean and I made a good start at spring cleaning. Now...can I avoid work today? Unfortunately...no.

No comments: