Monday, April 15, 2013

Congrats to Australia and a Lazy Sunday

Starting off with a big CONGRATS to Adam Scott for winning the US Masters golf tournament on Sunday in the pouring rain. Australia has been close to winning this major in the past but had never managed to pull it off. Three Aussies were in the running on the final day this time and with two very impressive puts, one in regular play and one in a play-off with Angel Cabrera from Argentina, Andy Scott prevailed. It was a beautiful thing to see and very well deserved.

Adam Scott is a wonderful golfer. He uses one of the belly putters that
are going to be illegal in coming years so he'll have to adjust to a
short putter. Great golfer and not too bad looking either - LOL.

I don't normally watch a lot of golf, but I do love the Masters and the British Open. The Masters is always in April and it is a joy to see green grass, beautiful flowers and sunshine when I'm in snow, grey skies and general oook. I always look at Augusta as what will be coming oiur way in another few weeks and just drink it is. That the golf is marvelous and I get to see a terrific tournament is a great plus, but it's the scenery that always drives me to watch The Masters.  What can I say? I'm a sucker for flowers - LOL.

Green grass, flowers and flowering trees - what's not to like about the US Masters?

Sunday was kicked back. We dropped by Best Buy to see about new TV's for the computer room. We have some time, Sharon doesn't come back for her annual visit until late August, but we wanted to see what was available. DH is now contemplating going slightly larger and wall-mounting the TV. He also (of course) had to look at bigger TV's for the den. He's been wanting one for years now but we have a built-in shelving unit that limits the amount of space we have available to us. It's not a big room and we really don't need a monster set, but I think he has a secret desire to go bigger... It's rather funny, all considered.

It hasn't reached out and grabbed me the way "Into
this River I Drown" did, but I still love this book.

I spent Sunday uploading my latest stories to the appropriate places and then dove into the book I am currently reading on my phone. If you enjoyed "Into This River I Drown" you might be interested in another of TJ Klune's books - "Burn". I must admit that I am still re-reading "ITRID" on my Nook for the third time, and I actually ordered it in paperback because I love it so much that I wanted a physical copy to make notes in and put the play list of music into. "Burn" isn't capturing me quite as much but it's still a terrific read. Happy Monday, everyone! Make it work!

No comments: