Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Hide and Seek, Negative and Positive

So apparently the economy is doing better and people are back out and shopping again.  But you could fool me.  If I had the store dollars to base an opinion on, I'd say that we are one step from dropping into a hole.  Monday (yesterday) was one of the worst sales days we've ever had in the twenty-five year history of the store.  Wassup With That????  Things need to make a serious turnaround, and quickly.  There is a small bead show in the area this weekend, but usually that one doesn't impact our sales.  I know we have the selection and our prices are really good.  I can't figure it out.  *sigh*


On the other hand, I got my second pair of hi-tops delivered yesterday.  I will try them on this morning and see if they fit better than the first one.  The first pair was too big - too much toe room.  If this second pair fits better/correctly, I'll send the first pair back and I can start the design process.  So that's one good thing that happened yesterday.


Another good thing is my maps.  I ordered six maps yesterday morning from the Bureau of Land Management in Colorado.  These are the detail maps that I will be using for my NaNoWriMo story.  I won't know exactly where I'll put them until I get them I really don't have a lot of open wall space to devote to them) but they were quire inexpensive and will help clarify routes, etc a lot in my mind.  I also found out that three books I needed for some background information are available through the Denver Public Library, so I'll be putting in an interlibrary loan request tomorrow to get those into my hands.  The books are short, so getting all of them at once (if I get really lucky) won't be a problem.


And tomorrow I get to join my friends Chickie and Meaghan for breakfast.  I may not be fortunate in business but I am extremely fortunate in my friends and my employees.  Chickie has been a friend/employee for twenty years and Meaghan only worked two years for me, but we've been friends ever since.  Both of them are quite a bit younger than I am so they also make me feel young (on good days - LOL).


Oh, and my Denver Broncos pulled out a win last night against the San Diego Chargers!  WTG Denver!!!!  Whoop!

No comments: