Friday, September 14, 2012

Whirling Thoughts - Need a Landing Pad

So today I can't seem to bring my thoughts to ground. I found out yesterday night that I hadn't paid the health insurance bill from last month to the tune of $2500. I thought I had paid it, but after checking my payment history and checks written/e-payments made, they are right and I am wrong. BAD! Looking at my accounts this morning, I don't have the available money for it either. So I spent time examining options available to me. I settled on one, but I'm not happy all the way around. Still, the bill has to be paid.


So that's a negative and I need a positive to balance this out. I'm getting a phone call at 8am this morning from the producer of In Focus Martin Sheen, a PBS television show hosted by Martin Sheen. Apparently they are looking at examining Native American art and crafts and my store's name hit their radar. They want a 15 minute preliminary interview to see if my shop might meet their parameters/criteria. It's flattering. I doubt it will go farther than this one interview, but I'm enjoying the entire thought of my little store on public TV's radar nonetheless.


I finished my LOTR Community story for September yesterday. This was a quick and dirty write, probably should have been edited at least one more time, and was certainly tongue-in-cheek, but I liked it. And at least I got it handed in on deadline which is a bit of a miracle in itself since I am not a fast writer and had a turnaround of twelve hours on this one.


My mind is whirling and just can't come to rest. I'll end this now and find some nice weather photos to accompany my lack of grounding in today's blog. I decided on a wonderful whirlpool pic and a picture of ice formations called petitentes -quite rare and stunningly beautiful. Hopefully the pictures will make up for my lack of concrete thoughts today.

No comments: