Thursday, September 13, 2012

In the Groove...

Whoa! I'm in the groove! That's rather shocking - both for the fact that I am suddenly flashing back in time to the days of disco, spinning mirror balls, and crazy music, and for the fact that I actually got some substantial writing done yesterday. I loved my Wednesday. May I have another? Please?


I started with my O-fic. I had thought I had two major scenes yet to be written, and I had decided to delete one character completely, so I began editing. Before I knew it, though, the story took a different twist and I'm really enjoying the new road my muses are leading me down. I'm not sure where this will lead me, but it's still working within the framework I wanted and I think it is making more sense. I didn't get anywhere close to finishing it, but I feel comfortable enough to continue working on it this morning.


I also have an idea for my LOTR Community Story (due within two days - ACK!!!). I bounced it off Aearwen during our weekly phone conversation and had her laughing. If I can pull this off it might have many of you laughing and that's a very good thing indeed.


Aearwen and I got into talking about stories, music, politics, religion, more stories, and so many other things that before we knew it we had spent 1-1/2 hours on the phone. Silly girls that we are! I feel so fortunate that we had a chance to link up those many months ago. She's been a lifeline, a sister separated by distance, and a good friend. Friends are the most valuable thing in my life, so I'm delighted to have her in that small, select group. Now...I can't wait for next Wednesday!

No comments: