Thursday, September 6, 2012

Phones and "Psychedelic" Experiences

My phone died yesterday. I have had it for more than three years and it has been a workhorse, but it had been dropped a few too many times and it was dated. The big problem is that I knew I would have to upgrade to something more intelligent and larger - not really what I wanted. But when I tried a scheduled conversation yesterday morning and he could hear me but I couldn't hear him...well I had no more choice. I have upgraded and bought a Motorola Droid Razr. A smartphone. Me! I think I'll enjoy it though, especially because I also got Bluetooth with it so that I don't have to hold the darned thing up to my ear to use it. It got broken in yesterday afternoon in a nice long conversation with Aearwen and yes, I think I like.


I spent all yesterday trying to catch up from the phone excursion. The gentleman at the phone shop was a total sweetie and spent an hour uploading all of the softward upgrades and making sure that everything was properly set up and functioning. Unfortunately that meant that I didn't even get the laundry started until almost 1pm (leaving me taking my last load out of the dryer at 9:15 pm). And my Emails? I did finally clear up one of the Email accounts, but had two to still finish up this morning. Easier ones, but still nasty. I'll finally catch up by the end of the week *sigh*.



One of the very kewl things at the MN State Fair was a new traveling exhibit called the Luminarium. It was quite amazing and I would happily have gone back into it again and again. They marketed it as being inside of a sculpture and it was an experience of soft walls, soft music, and structures of light. If you are interested you can find out more about it at http://architects-of-air.com/. We had the Mirazozo Luminarium at the Fair. You would remove your shoes before entering this large air-filled lighted plastic sculpture filled with niches where you could sit and contemplate or you could just wander. Take a look at some of the pictures - it was an incredible experience that I hope I will be able to have again some day.

No comments: