Thursday, July 5, 2012

Heat and Thanks

It continues hot. Yesterday was 103 F (39.4 C) here in the Twin Cities. The upper story of my house (bedrooms) was at least that hot, even with the fan blowing. The next level down (livingroom/kitchen and the couch where I sleep) was in the 90's with the fan running, and the next level down (computer room, den - messy!) was in the mid-80's with the fan running. The humidity was upwards of 80%. It was miserable. But it was still a wonderful 4th of July. I have to send thanks out to so many of you who Emailed and messaged 4th of July greetings and good wishes. They were so very appreciated.


What could be better for the 4th than fountains and fireworks together?

We had traditional food - not good for you but so good to eat. Hamburgers (covered with blue cheese or Swiss cheese, onions, pickle relish and other condiments after the meat was cooked outside on the charcoal grill, were our dinner. We had a variety of salads and fruit, but ended up saving much of that for tonight's dinner instead. It was a fabulous meal though, and because it was so hot, I actually didn't gain by eating beef - I usually don't eat beef because it is an automatic weight gain for me.


So as I try to catch up with all of the computer messages, etc that have gone on during the past 48 hours, I will be grateful to go to work today since it will be equally hot today. I think we need some nice, cool photographs, so I'm finding fountains to share with all of you today :-)

No comments: