Friday, September 30, 2011

Fighting With a Story

Aarrgghhh! I'm in the midst of writing a murder mystery story for an "Out of the Box" challenge, and 3/4 through. I revise as I write, going back to the beginning and tweaking. Reading it with a more critical eye last night, I realized how shaky my premise was. Now it will require a MAJOR rewrite and it's due next week! *sigh* I'll keep the main characters and quite a few of the supplementary ones, but I need to make the protagonist more believable and give him a reason for his actions. That reason has gone through a few evolutions and has been lost. I need to refind it. It's like a giant spiral... Call me frustrated!


And Chickie has today and tomorrow off. If we get busy at the shop, we'll have a preview of what next year might be like and I suspect I will not be happy. As much as I may like my DH, as a co-worker he is not as effective as I would like. But without our sales numbers increasing dramatically, we just can't handle the payroll numbers we are doing, so things have to change. I suspect I'll be looking at 2012 as just a year to get through so that I have 2013 and my future shining brightly ahead of me. Oh well, thank goodness there is still beauty that I can focus on, and as long as I have that I'll be all right. So, I think I'll share some of that beauty with all of you today! (I couldn't make up my mind between the two waterfall pics, so you get both of them!)


No comments: