Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Day Off - Errands, etc

So it's my day off. That means I have a list of errands a mile long to accomplish this morning, and I think I'll start designing my Solstice cards while finishing some pending writing projects this afternoon. Yesterday, I finally received my new books of checks from my printing company. They were no longer offering my Michael Whelen dragons, but replaced it with Ciurelo dragons instead. I can live with that. Instead of the dragons of Pern I get fighting and independent dragons. Either way, great fun to see when I have to pay bills - LOL.


I only use checks when I pay bills. I could pay them on-line, in fact did so a couple of years ago. But when the bank messed up and allocated a payment to the incorrect account, I was less than pleased and discontinued the practice. I also found that physical checks, in most cases, actually arrived sooner and my payments were posted faster. Go figure. I guess I'll be a post office supporter for the rest of my life, although it may well be phased out of existence within the next 50 years or so. (No, I'm not planning to live to be more than 100 years old unless my health is exceptional because I don't think I'd like looking at myself in the mirror in the mornings and I'm curious about what's next on this interesting journey that we are all walking.)


So, since I have to run out in ten minutes to get on with my errands, etc., I'll wish all of you a wonderful and artistic day.

No comments: