Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Places and People

So, I had never stayed in the Hilton before, for the past ten years I had stayed at the Hyatt.  On the whole, although the Hilton is very convenient, there is much more that I prefer about the Hyatt, even though the walk is longer to get to classes.  The room at the Hilton was lovely - spacious and well lit.  The elevators were fast and I found all of the best routes back and forth from my room.  There was a lot that I liked about it, but the $10/day charge for internet access and the lack of a bar that I felt really comfortable in and could meet people at night was a loss (but it did help my dollars since I didn't spend as much on liquor). 






Basically, my ideal hotel would be the lobby/bar/restaurant area of the Hyatt, the convenience of off-site restaurants that I get at the Hyatt (having Thai Palace across the street is a wonderful thing) but I liked the size of the room at the Hilton and the staff was wonderful.  Parking was horribly expensive at both places, so they both get poor marks on that one. 


I rarely take photos of people, but I did take one pic of Jenn and Mark.  I had never met them before, knowing Jenn only as an on-line friend.  But I really enjoyed spending time with her and Mark.  They took me to this awesome burger and custard joint for some amazing food, and then we got together on my last night to hit a neighborhood pub.  They have three cats and a dog, so they are my idea of perfect people - LOL.  I had a great time sharing some time with them. 


And this picture is a pic of Spider, one of the chainmaille artists at the show.  She wore this marvelous tunic and tooled belt with tassels of different styles of chain maille.  I loved it.  The pants were this semi-transparent striped material in a matching shade of marroon.  She told me the manufacturer of the belt, but on a Google search I wasn't able to locate that name.  Bummer.  But a great outfit.  Tomorrow's post - outdoor art and away from Milwaukee. 

No comments: