Friday, May 27, 2011

Oh, the Pain, But Forging Ahead

I thought that my car was going to cost me close to $1000, bad enough when I don't have ready money available.  It ended up having more issues than I had originally thought, and ended up costing me $2100.  My Discover card is groaning, and I'm trying to figure out how many months of my life it will take me to pay this one off.  I have a safe and drivable car with good brakes and a totally fixed suspension and alignment, but I'm absolutely sick at the bottom line and I know that I still have one more thing that needs to be looked at.  That won't be until 2012, though - closer to the 100,000 mile mark.  The car has almost 93,000 miles on it, so I shouldn't be surprised at the cost to maintain it.  And I fully admit that $2100 is much less than buying a new car would be.  It's just that funds are very tight this year and this was an expense that I really didn't want/need. 


But, sorry to unload on all of you, and I'll move forward.  I brought my glass and my BFAC beads together yesterday, trying to see how they will all work together.  It's starting to pull together, but I think I need to at least start my bezels around the stones and then I'll be able to tell much better.  I'm still unsure about whether I want to bezel or do bead embroidery for this, but I have to move forward and have to decide before too much more time has passed.  And the illustrations for Big Bang are becoming  more clear in my mind.  So I am forging ahead, even if I don't know where the path is leading me.  Live creatively today! 

No comments: