Thursday, May 26, 2011

No More Squeak

So today at 7am I drop my car off to get the brakes redone, the alignment taken care of and something to do with a shock absorber.  I'm not going to enjoy putting this on my credit card, that's for sure, but it's the only option I've got since I don't have the money for this repair any other way.  I had managed to scrape my credit card balance down to less than $500, but now it's going to be back up again.  But I have no choice - I have to drive a safe car, so I'll grind my teeth and make it work.  There are still a few more things that I wanted to get done, but those will have to wait until later this year. 


I love Escher's work.  Every time I look at it, I think of my
friend Seth, who gave me a book of Escher's work many years ago.

Because I had to go back to the shop at 4 yesterday afternoon, I didn't get as much done as I wanted.  But I did work a bit on the illustrations for Darth's Big Bang story.  I'm still trying to get things pinned down before I start the actual work and I'm still trying to pin down what media I want to use for this.  I only need to produce a single illustration to meet my contract, but who knows?  Have a creative day today...I'm already running late and it's only 4:30 am. 

No comments: