Friday, April 29, 2011

Step One Complete and a Wedding

Step one of my BFAC is now complete (there will be a lot of steps, so don't think that I'm that far ahead of anyone - LOL). But the glasswork that I wanted to make for the piece turned out very well. Now I have some decisions to make - size and whether or not I'll do any embellishment. I have a bit of time to spread my beads out again and make sure I have everything that I want to use available.


Happy Wedding, Kate and WilliamWe're getting close to the arrival of Kate Middleton to Westminster Abbey, the Queen is in her car coming to the Abbey just now, so things are well under way. The Royal Brothers are spiffy in red and blue, and the Queen is in yellow. Carol Middleton was in a lovely lilac and I really enjoyed her hat. The hats at this wedding are over the top. I really hope that someone does a fashion spread of the hats, there are so many marvelous ones. Camilla is very conservatively dressed - that's appropriate. And Prince Philip is in red, just as Prince Harry is. Apparently that's the dress of the Irish Guards. All I know is a lot of cochineal beetles gave up their lives for that red - LOL. The Queen has arrived and the bells are peeling.  Party on, London and ye Brits.  Enjoy your day.  Well, I'm going to watch this wedding and enjoy it. I think that they are a great couple and I wish them all the best in what is bound to be a very public married life.

No comments: