Friday, February 18, 2011

A Paen to Normalcy

This morning I will leave home very early (6:30 am) and drive to my Computer Guru's place to pick up my repaired computer.  Dale gave me a new hard drive, even though he didn't think the hard drive was the problem, and rebuilt my operating system, moved over all of my programs, replaced one anti-virus and firewall with a different kind and cleaned things up.  I'm not sure what he'll charge me, but I know it will be reasonable.  He's a very honest guy and will only charge full on his hourly rate when he can't multi-task and split that cost between several different jobs.  I think I'll have to put it on a credit card, though, because right now my cash is a bit tight.  Then I can take the CPU back home.  I might leave work for a couple of hours today to get the computer set back up and tested.  Then I'll be back up and running and hopefully back playing LOTRO on Sunday.


The refrigerator, however, gave up the ghost completely yesterday.  The fan isn't turning on, the condenser isn't working, and the freezer is room temp.  We'll be going to the appliance store on Sunday to choose a new fridge and hopefully have it delivered on Tuesday. 


Next week's schedule is a bear.  My father-by-marriage is having cataract surgery on one eye on Thursday morning with a follow-up appointment on Friday morning, and then we have our business income tax appointment on Friday night.  Then I'll get a week or so to gather the information for my personal income tax appointment.    Sometimes I hate this time of the year.....  But at least I get my computer back today - LOL.  Why not indulge yourself today by giving yourself an hour to play with color.  Multi-color pen sets are not very expensive at your local art supply store, and there are always Crayola Crayons - the MOST fun ever! 

No comments: