Friday, January 21, 2011

It's Friday! That's Wonderful!

Friday - the day of the week that seems to never come, the goal that never seems achieveable from the far side of Sunday.  Yet, here we are again.  Friday - that wonderful day of promise.  The day of the Sabbath, the end of the work week, the beginning of the downward slide into the weekend.  When I visualize the week, I envision a gradual climb up to Friday, with Saturday and Sunday being on the downslope to the resumption of the climb on Monday.  So the "end" is in sight.  And even though I have to work on Saturdays, Friday still has the cachet of happiness and future promise that it garnered during the days of my youth.  I think I will treat myself this morning.  And since it is -14 F with a windchill of -30 F (that's -25 C with a windchill of -34 C), and the brass monkey is huddled in a corner protecting his family jewels with everything in his power, I will have to watch my tire pressure quite carefully and may even need to go out during mid-day and start my car to make sure that everything will be OK.  But, "Grape" is usually very dependable, and I'll count on that. 


I wish I was on a nice, warm beach with a
tropical drink in hand, umbrella perched on the
edge and served by a VERY good looking
cabana boy.  Well...a girl can dream!  LOL. 

I'm still trying to catch up on reading and obligations from five days of no main computer.  If I usually comment on your stories and haven't yet, I probably haven't had a chance to read them yet.  But, I'm catching up, slowly but surely, and enjoying every word.  I hope that all of you have a great Friday and have a wonderful weekend planned.  I hope to just make it to Sunday and then hibernate for a day in front of my computer screen or my Nook and toasty warm. 


Rocky Squirrel and Bullwinkle Moose, the
best crimefighting duo of my youth until
Adam West's Batman came on the scene. 
And, of course, they resided in Minnesota!

And, finally, today is Squirrel Appreciation Day.  So in honor of that, meet my favorite squirrel, in tandem with "Moose" - Rocky and Bullwinkle, one of the BEST cartoons ever!  I love squirrels.  I have had squirrels living in my livingroom fireplace flue since I moved into my house in the late 1980's.  By now they have squatters rights and are writing multi-generational historical dramas about their family history in my flue. 

No comments: