Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Classes and Scheduling

Well, today is the day for class registration for Bead & Button Show.  My Manager, who usually has Tuesdays off, will work for me for a couple of hours so that I can go home and register from there.  I could register from the shop now that I have internet service there, but my chances of being uninterrupted at home are much greater and I want to get on-line when registration opens, get my classes chosen and purchased, and get off-line and back to the shop.  I don't want to waste any time.  The roads shouldn't be a problem today, we just got a dusting of snow yesterday, so this should be relatively fast.  Now if I can just get the three classes that I want...


And, due to the good influence of Surgical Steel and Clodia (and some other on-line friends of mine), I decided to see if I could read my Nook while working on the treadmill this morning.  Success!  I was indeed able to read while working out, and even though I know that I will be building my speed higher, which may make it a bit more difficult, it was at least a first step.  I really need to build exercise back into my life.  I used to exercise daily on either the treadmill or the bowflex, and I really miss it.  I would like to lose some weight again, and I am tired of looking like a matron and would like to get my figure back under control.  I make a poor Hobbit and would rather be more elf-like.  So, I have to be kind to myself and work on it.  So, Day 1.  Many days to come, but every journey begins with one step. 

No comments: