Thursday, September 26, 2024

GRRR - DH is Driving Me Crazy + Treadmill + This 'N That

I'm sure Chickie is having a wonderful time at the wedding and in NYC and spending time with relatives, both loved and tolerated. But I'm having a week that I really won't mind putting behind me. Except for writing for Idol (always a fun challenge), having to work with DH for this many days in a row is really dragging me down. It's hard to stay positive when "Mr Gloomy" is sitting in front of the computer grumbling and growling. 




DH is consistently Mr Gloomy, the character 
on the left. I'm most frequently the character 
on the right - Mr Happy. (Illustrations from 
"My Mad Mad Mad Mad Monsters 4 Me"). 



I did manage to reschedule the treadmill install for the 12th, so it'll be on a Friday and I can oversee the placement and set-up. That will actually work out quite well, and I'm sincerely looking forward to it. I did ask DH if he wanted the treadmill placed in the same location/position as the old one and he said "Yes". So, when he complains that I did the install incorrectly, it's been written down - you're all my witnesses. Then he started complaining about the finances and how he's going to have to do this and that and then "and the treadmill" spouted out. WTF???? The treadmill is MINE. I had to use a family card because my Discover had been hacked at the Fair, but I have the case set aside in the bank to pay for it, and it's NOT his payment nor his property. It's MINE. *sigh* I've told him that time and again, but he just doesn't get it. 




He's all worrying about whether the treadmill will fit into the 
spot we have set aside for it. BS! It's not any larger than the 
one we currently have there that is non-functional. It'll fit. 
I'll make it fit. 



Today will be my final swim day for the week. I love swimming, but the chlorine really doesn't like my skin at all. I've been really conscious about putting on the correct medications, so my hands aren't totally cracked and bleeding (it's happened in the past). I refuse to give up my swims, so having the proper meds on hand to help my hands hang in there is essential. I'm constantly reminded about the fact that your skin is the largest portion of the body - I've even heard it referred to as the largest organ of the body, although I think organs are internal, not external. Still, skin is a hefty part of the body, My skin has been my enemy since I was a small child. There's nothing like having an internal war for more than 65 years. JOY! LOLOL. 




My skin is my enemy. It's been that way since I was a 
small child. It's hard to live a comfortable, easy life when 
the largest organ of your body has declared war on you. 
*sigh* The battles are constant, with small victories, 
but never a total win. 



So, as I get ready to head out to the swimming pool, I hope you have a wonderful Thursday. I'm looking at this as "Only four more days of working with DH at the shop". I can make it for four days ... right? LOL. Enjoy your day, Slava Ukraini. 




No comments: