Friday, April 12, 2024

This, That, and Electronics - It Might Be an Interesting Day

I'm looking for my second set of Aftershox Waterproof Conductive Headphones. These are what I wear in the swimming pool (and occasionally when I'm housecleaning). They are headphones that don't sit in the ear, but instead loop over it so that I can listen easily, but still have my earwax in my ears to keep the water away from them while swimming. They make several different models, one of which is specifically for swimming and other immersion sports. I love them. I listen to audio books on them while I'm swimming and it makes the time and my laps go faster - or at least it seems like that. 




Aftershokz has the best bone conduction headsets 
in the industry. Chickie wears hers all day at 
the shop. It enables her to keep in touch with her phone, 
if necessary, and also listen to audio books while 
she's packing and labeling product. I could be a 
total PITA and insist that she leave them in the 
back room, but they don't seem to be negatively 
impacting her work, so I let it ride. 



On Wednesday, it was a little cranky getting turned on, but sometimes I'm not hitting the button exactly right, so I didn't worry about it. But, yesterday, it wouldn't turn on at all. So ... I have a second set here at my desk area. I just have to find them. Then I'll load my current book onto them and start listening to find out where I left off. It's really boring to swim without my books, so finding my second set is a priority item. I do know that REI carries the waterproof version, so if I can't find mine, I can pop over there and pick a set up. It's frustrating, but not the end of the world. 




I love my "Ogre Juice" and can really tell the difference 
when I don't have my four per week. I make them on 
Fridays, so I'm off to the grocery store to buy green veggies 
for my weekly ration. 



There's also grocery shopping and "Ogre Juice" making on my agenda today. I don't need a lot at the store, but I do need a few things. My major shop is always on Wednesdays. I received a package at the shop yesterday with two new batteries for my little drone. I've been charging them, and they're ready to be used. If it's not windy, and I have a bit of time, I'll try to use the little guy again, and maybe this time the software and my phone will communicate better. It's a fun little thing, and I'd really like to use it the way I had intended it to be used. I'm still into the whole package for under $50, so it's an experiment that's well worth trying. 




My drone is orange where this one is black, but 
except for that, they are identical. I purchased 
an additional two batteries for it, though. A battery 
is only good for about 10 minutes in the air, and that's 
really not a lot of time. If we don't have a breeze 
today (and I have time), I might try again to get it 
coupled with my phone. Apparently it works easier 
with Apple phones, but I don't have one of those. I love 
my Android phone. 



And, of course, I have some computer stuff that needs to be done. So, despite the fact that I haven't got a set agenda today, it seems as if I'll have a busy and rather full day despite it all. LOL - no rest for the wicked, I guess - as the old saying goes. I guess I'm quite wicket because I don't seem to get a lot of rest all around. Have an excellent Friday and I'll be back tomorrow to wrap up the week. Slava Ukraini and חיים למען ישראל.



No comments: