Tuesday, April 16, 2024

ARGH! Just ARGH!

I got the new printer set up at the shop. What a wonderful and positive thing! I'm already using it a lot and I'm looking forward to bringing it home when I retire, putting it into the "office" at home and taking the one I currently have in that room into my craft room for my etching and enameling work. What fun! 




Life can be a lot of fun. Yesterday doesn't 
qualify in all respects, however. 



In the midrange of joy, we've accepted the fence quotation and received the final paperwork. I need to get that submitted along with a payment to get onto their schedule. I was going to do that last night except. ... 




We're moving ahead with the fence. Since we have a 
sloped yard, it actually ends up staggered - each 
panel slightly (or a lot) higher than the previous one. 
It's pretty, and we like that style of fencing. 



On the down side of joy - bending into anger and annoyance, was a phone call from my Credit Union informing me that several odd charges had shown up on my Joint Account. I called their Fraud Department, we determined that the charges were not legitimate, so we've cancelled that access card. I'm without access to that account for another 24 hours because I can't get a new card for it until Wednesday, at 9:00 am, when they open and I'm off work to head over there (it's only a mile away from the house, so really close). It's inconvenient. Not the end of the world, but very inconvenient. I think they caught it right away, but I'll be checking my activity carefully while I have a bit of time at the shop today, and I'll be ready to get a different card tomorrow. I was going to pay the fence downpayment with this card, though, so that will delay that ... or I'll put it on one of my credit cards instead. As I said ... not the end of the world, but worrisome, and very inconvenient. 




I'm frustrated that the main bank account was 
compromised, but delighted that their fraud 
department caught it right away and froze the 
account. I'll get a new card tomorrow, and be back 
in business again. 



But, it's a swimming day today (thank goodness). It'll be a quiet swimming day today since I won't get my new headphone until today at the shop (at which time I'll immediately plug them in to charge, and then load my book and let it run for several hours to get close to where I had to leave it when my old headset died. Today will be a VERY boring swim, though. I really like listening to my books while I exercise. 




I want my Aftershokz waterproof headphones back so 
that I can swim while listening to my books. It's 
frustrating to have silent swims - I'm not good with 
a silence, except when I'm meditating, and even then, I'm 
often using a guided meditation, not just sitting and 
getting into my own skin. 



So, that's my life - some plusses, some minutes, and always something new. These days you just have to roll with the punches - no real choice ahead of you, just moving forward the best you can. That's what I'm doing, that's what we're all doing. Stumbles and obstacles will appear and happen, but we must keep moving. It's the movement that keeps us alive. Have an excellent Tuesday and I'll be back for a very busy Wednesday. Slava Ukraini and חיים למען ישראל.



No comments: