Monday, March 25, 2024

Snow, Lord of the Rings Online, and Freezer Burn - Lots of Cold Stuff

Good morning, one and all. I'm hitting the ground running today after a rather lazy Sunday. We're getting snow - somewhere around six to eight inches total from yesterday through today. DH shoveled yesterday and was surprised at how much we had already gotten. It's my job to shovel today before I leave for the shop (and also at the shop), so I'll be making a shorter post today, so that I can catch up with all of you and still get to my work before work - LOL. 




I have quite a bit more snow than this cartoon girl 
has. I can't figure out why she has snow on the shovel, 
but is standing on dry ground with her boots. Hmmm ...



The City was requiring us (actually, requiring everyone) to check the metal of their water pipes inside their homes. For us, that required DH pulling a lot of things from an almost-unused corner of his workshop area to get to the pipes and do the scratch test required. He wasn't super happy about it, but it wasn't horrific, just a lot of pulling things out and then putting things back. The pipes, as we suspected, are copper, and he did take photos, but since they were optional, I didn't include them in my report back to the City. If they return with a request for photos, I'll be able to provide them. 




The City is trying to get rid of the last of the lead 
pipes, so requested all homeowners to test and 
submit the results of the test to them by the end of 
the month. We know ours are copper - we've had 
leaks in some of them over the years. But, copper 
is still a good component for water pipes. (The 
photo is NOT my pipes, but it's a good one for 
copper pipes in general.) 



I started two new characters on Lord of the Rings Online. I haven't played the game for a long time because it had lost its' fun for me. But, I might enjoy these two new girls. The one I was playing yesterday was a Elven Rune-keeper. She's still doing her intro stuff, but she's rather fun to play. It's been forever since I last bothered with LOTRO, but it didn't take long to get back into the groove. DH, of course, plays constantly, and he's been playing my girls as well as his own dwarves, keeping everyone up-to-date with periodic software downloads and weaponry changes. 




I should probably read this - I have never played a 
Rune Keeper character before, and she plays quite a 
bit differently than the character types I've known in 
the past. Still, I don't have a lot of "excess" time, so 
I doubt I'll be able to play a lot. 



The plan had originally been for me to head over to our local Chinese restaurant for dinner yesterday, but the snow kept on coming and the roads weren't that great, so we skipped it. I was just fine with that - I have a refrigerator full of stuffed peppers, roasted squash and roasted carnival carrots, not to mention a lot of lettuce and salad stuff. My meal was delightful. DH, on the other hand, made a microwave dinner that was 18 months past the "best by" date. It was pretty awful and he ended up tossing it out and eating a salad instead. Lesson learned - eat what's in your freezer before it gets freezer burn. LOL




In this case, the problem wouldn't have existed 
if he had eaten his meal before the due 
date of sometime in 2022! OY! 


So, I'm starting my day a bit early today since I need to shovel the driveway and walkway before I leave for the shop. Time to get moving. Have an excellent Monday,  Slava Ukraini and חיים למען ישראל. I'll be back tomorrow.

No comments: