Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Back to the Grindstone and a Week of Extra Work Days

I hope all of you had a wonderful 4th of July if you're in the USA, and/or a wonderful weekend if you're one of my out-of-the-country friends. We had a relaxing two days, despite the weather's best attempt at raining us out. The weather didn't succeed - the promised day-long rain yesterday never came and we were able to spend several hours sitting comfortably in the garden looking at the flowers and watching a hummingbird fly to and from my feeder. 




Frankly, I have no idea how they got the hummingbird 
to actually perch on their feeder. Mine are too active, 
flitting here and there, and changing their angle and 
direction almost constantly. They'll fly in for a quick 
drink, then back off, then back in again. It's exhausting! 



I'm delighted that a hummingbird has made my feeder a regular part of its' rounds, and I have baby birds in the flycatcher's nest with Mama Flycatcher flying back and forth feeding the greedy babies. I assume there is more than one, although one is all I've spied so far. Either way, life goes on and the summer moves on. 




Mama Flycatcher is working very hard to 
feed her demanding babies. I assume there's 
more than one, although I've only seen the 
beak of one above the nest edge so far. 
Greedy little buggers - LOL. 



This week will be hectic. Chickie is off several days at the end of this week while she and Chickie Mama go down to Mayo Clinic for some tests. It means I'll have to work on Friday instead of having a day off, so I need to make sure the things I would normally get done that day are finished on the one day I have to do them - Wednesday. It makes for a rather ooff week, and DH will have to work on both Thursday and Friday, while I'm working on my Friday. I think Chickie is back at work on Saturday, although I'll have to check the store calendar to be sure. 




It's nice living in Minnesota where going to the Mayo Clinic 
is a clear possibility. It takes a long time to get an appointment, 
but Chickie Mama is going for tests on Thursday and Chickie, 
since she had to drive her down, scheduled some stuff of 
her own for the same dates. 



I'm running late today - I spend a bit longer in my morning meditation - so I'm signing off now. If you get a chance to read my latest LJ Idol submission - America - I posted it on the 4th of July. Highly appropriate for this one. Also, don't forget Le Tour de France is on again today, and they are finally away from Denmark (which was quite beautiful). Have an excellent day and I'll be back tomorrow. I'm off to the pool! 




No comments: