Monday, January 10, 2022

I'm Sleepless in St Paul - I'll Be A Zombie Later If I Can't Get Back To Sleep

I can't sleep. I got three hours worth, then woke up and couldn't get anywhere. I plugged in a guided self-hypnosis for relaxation and sleep and got another hour or so, but now ... no go. So I'm switching things up a bit. I'm writing my blog today at a bit after 1:00 am, then I'll try to sleep until my alarm goes off at 4:15 am, toss on my swimming clothes and head out to the gym for my 5:00 am swimming slot. It's all going to catch up with me later this week, but I'll have to make do today. 




I'm wide awake. I'm going to need more than 2-1/2=-3 hours 
of sleep to be functional today, so I'm going to try and grab 
another few hours. 



Maybe it's the fact that I have a dental appointment for my semi-annual checkup that's keeping me awake. I doubt it - it's a simple clean and check, nothing monumental - but me and dentists have a long history of serious issues. So maybe it's my subconscious coming to the forefront with this. But whether it is or not, makes no real difference. I'm tired, but I can't sleep. It's not really a good thing. I'll be a zombie today and I can't afford that when I'm working the sales floor for the day. 




I totally remember these from when I was in Grad School. 
I absolutely lived through every one of these stages. I'm 
not in Grad School now, but I'm having one of those 
Zombie nights, and since I don't use caffeine, I won't 
get to experience Robot. But if I don't get some 
sleep, I also won't be human. 



The weekend was actually rather nice - DH and I didn't get into any arguments of any import, and actually enjoyed watching a lot of football. Like most good chili, mine was even better the next day, and I still have a couple of days portions to eat, so that was a winner. It even warmed up a bit, although we're heading back into the sub-zero temps again. But I have gloves! and a set of mittens! So all is good there. 




I hate it when I can't sleep. Usually I'm asleep 
within 15 minutes of going to bed. Not tonight, 
though. It's extremely frustrating. 



So no real reason for sleeplessness. No excuses, no BS. I'm going to wrap this up, head back to bed, and try to get three hours of sleep before my alarm goes off. I hope you have a lovely day and I'll be back tomorrow with clean teeth and, hopefully, a better night's sleep ahead of me tonight. Peace! 




No comments: