Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Happy Birthday to Claire, and I've Got a Happy Body (Mostly=LOL)

Although the new headphones for my swim worked very well, the new goggles were a disaster. After I returned home I trashed the goggles, putting them into my "use in emergency only" pocket of my gym bag, and grabbed an old set of goggles that had been MUCH more comfortable and stayed waterproof. I'm not guaranteeing they'll work 100%, but they can't possibly be as uncomfortable and leaky as the "new" set. Unfortunately my audio might not work with them - the strap is too thick to go through the side clips of the speakers. If worse comes to worse, I'll make sure I bring a set of waterproof ear buds (I own several - they die regularly with the chlorine) and my underwater iPod, so I'll be set to continue listening to my Amelia Peabody book. My new pair of bone induction headphones is on its way to me, so I will have flexibility once again when they arrive. 




Happy Birthday wishes to my good friend, Chickie Mama - 
aka Claire. I hope you have a magnificent day. I know things 
are tough right now, but you're strong and you'll manage 
to land on your feet. I expect you'll turn a couple of 
double-somersaults while landing on your feet. 



DH is a bit grumpy because he has to work today. Chickie is taking the day off to celebrate her Mom's birthday, and she asked for it off MONTHS ago, so yeah - DH has to work. It's a small sacrifice and he'll just have to deal. I'm quite sure he'll manage. I'll be in a similar time/schedule crunch next week when Chickie takes a full week off that encompasses a Friday in the beginning and a Wednesday at the end. It'll be inconvenient, but I'll manage. She's fully entitled to take her vacation time. 




I have a pair of "skinny jeans". I expect most of us 
have one or two. I was wearing them yesterday, 
and had to put a belt on, quite tightly, to keep 
the darned things up. I could have pulled them off 
my body without unzipping them! Happy? Oh yeah! 



I hit another new low on the scale this morning. I have four pounds left until I've hit my firm "No More" release point - I need to keep my BMI no lower than 18.5, and I'm at a BMI of 19 right now. Are you curious about your own BMI? It's easy to calculate. Go to THIS website, plug in your height and weight, and the number will come up. When I started WildFit in March, my BMI was 27 - solidly in Overweight and close to Obese. In seven months, I'm back to High School weight and extremely happy with where I'm at. (I know sometimes links don't work, so I'll put the full URL for BMI here just in case you're interested and the link didn't work for you  - https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm ). 




I'm not supposed to go below 18.0 BMI. My bones aren't 
good, and my Doctor wants me to keep some weight 
on them. I'm quite close to that now. I'm willing to keep 
reducing my weight to approx 115 lbs, but I'm not pushing 
below that. Right now I'm solidly in my High School 
weight range, and I'm pretty darned comfortable there. 



I'll be getting in touch with some of the WildFit coaches today. I really need to find out how to plateau on WildFit. I've got the releasing weight aspect nailed, but I'm not sure I've got a handle on how to maintain without continuing to release. I'll put a query out there for JoUnicorn and Ariel and Eric to answer, and hopefully get some good suggestions that will guide me into the next stage of my life. 




I took the Cerascreen test for Food Reaction. I 
took their mid-range test, which tested 44 of 
the most common, then an additional 96 in-depth. 
I wasn't sensitive to anything in the 44, but did 
have reactions in the more intensive 96. Now 
I'm really curious about the allergy tests I'll be 
getting next week. 



You might remember, I took a blood sample allergy test screen shortly before Sharon arrived for the State Fair. I got the results back from that, and they're quite interesting. Two different tests were administered - an IgE and a more refined IgG4. In the IgE, which was tested on 44 major food groups, I had no sensitivities at all. But when they did the more extensive IgG4 test, I was Moderately sensitive to Green Beans, Pinto Beans, Spinach and Tomato, and had Very High sensitivity to Chicken Egg White and Chicken Egg Yolk (something I've suspected for years). I had a few other things that also charted in the red, but at a lower rate. I get my full allergy test from my clinic next Wednesday and I'm really looking forward to those results too. 


I'm out of here. Today was a good run and tomorrow I'm in the pool at 6:00 am. I already nabbed my 5:00 am slot for Friday, so I'm set for the week. Huzzah. It's wonderful to be back in the pool, even though I'm REALLY out of shape for that particular exercise. It's just wonderful to be back in the water again. Have an excellent Tuesday, enjoy your day and please, stay safe and be kind. I'll be back on a more challenging schedule tomorrow - LOL. 




No comments: