Tuesday, October 26, 2021

A Bit of Fall Color To Share

As I was driving on Friday, my "day off" and one sorely needed, I decided to grab a few photos of the colorful trees before they all faded to brown, and then to leafless branches ready to be draped in snow and ice. I wished it had been the blue skies of the day before and the day after, but no choice was given to me. Grey skies were my destiny for the day. Nonetheless, here are some Fall photos to share with all of you. 




I took quite a few photos at Como Park, since I had been 
talking about it in my blog recently. Of course, anytime 
I get an opportunity to drive through the park, I try to 
take advantage. 




I loved the brilliant red tree poking its' head up 
on the left side. The yellows have quite a touch of 
green, typical for the late autumn. Often we see 
snow by Halloween. I don't think we will this year, 
but we're on winter's threshold. 





There are just a few scarlet leaves at the bottom 
of the smaller green tree tree. The water ahead is 
that of Como Lake. 





Here's another view of the lake, through two stunning 
trees in the midst of losing their leaves. I do love the 
true gold colors of these leaves with the small hints 
of orange. 





Here, we're on the way to Como Park. The Twin 
Cities have trees everywhere - along the streets, and in the 
yards of the houses. If I had a drone, it would see more 
trees than people. Somehow, that seems apt to me. At 
one time, the entire state was a huge forest. Thus, the 
legends of Paul Bunyan, his blue ox Babe, and the 
loggers who followed in his giant footsteps. 





This residential area had lovely scarlet trees to add to 
the Fall colors. I'm a great lover of those trees that 
have red or brilliant scarlet in the Fall. I was very sad 
when some of my favorites were pulled out because of new 
construction, and delighted when they were replaced 
by the same type of tree as final landscaping. I don't 
have any scarlet trees in my yard, although my maple 
trees are varicolored. I do have a dark maple, though, with 
deep, chestnut brown leaves. It's stunning. 



So there you have it. Not only did I get groceries that I needed, I was able to take a little time to share Fall with all of you. We're at the tail end now - it's almost time to take the rakes and clean up the yard. We try to avoid doing that too early - we don't like doing it twice. Have a wonderful Tuesday and I'll be back tomorrow with a quick post before heading out to the pool. 



No comments: