Friday, October 12, 2012

Shoes and the Runway

My hi-top shoes arrived from Zappos and I tried them out yesterday morning, walking around the shop. I determined that they were a bit too big for me, so I ordered the next half-size down from Zappos and should have those within a week. Then I can determine which size fits more comfortably and begin working on the stenciling and layout. I love the way the shoes look on and they're going to be so much fun to paint.


I won't be finger painting, but wouldn't it be fun?
How many years ago did you last paint with your fingers?

I've had several of my LJ and RL friends make me a "Buddy" on the NaNoWriMo website. I really appreciate every one of you and have a feeling I'll be needing all of those good feelings and serious pushes about midway through the project. The advice I've gotten from all of you has been totally invaluable and I'm determined that this will be a great experience. I've already warned my beta customer that her items will be delayed during November and she's fine with that, so things are falling into place.


This isn't Project Runway, but each designer will be able
to present ten looks for Fashion Week. Who will win?
Tune in next week to find out.

Next week is the final Project Runway for Season 10 and I'm excited. The collections that each of the designers made and presented last night were very eclectic and beautifully made. I have to agree with the judges that the "wow factor" wasn't there, but I think it will be by the time they have the large runway. My DH watched the Vice Presidential debate instead of Project Runway, but he also said it was a basic waste of time and rather boring. So there we go. He watched politics, I watch 'fashion' - thus the story of our lives - LOL.

No comments: