Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Finally A Day Off

It's been two weeks since my last "normal" day off and I finally get one today. Call me happy! That doesn't mean that I'll be sitting around, I have a long list of things that I need to do, but I'll have a chance to do some laundry and talk with Aearwan late this afternoon - yeah...happy. I have to make serious inroads to cleaning today and I owe Lai some serious beta work, so those two things are my focii today.


The women came through where the men fell short. Hmmm...wonder if there is a life lesson there???

Congratulations to the Women's Gymnastics team for winning the Gold in team competition. It was the US team's to win and Russia's to lose. I really felt for the young Russian gymnast who had such a dismal showing on the floor exercises. You could tell that she was just devastated, and she was cute as a button.


Beach volleyball can be such a physical game. It's fun to watch.

It hasn't been a cakewalk for the US this year, but it's been a fun journey so far. The Germans did a wonderful job in equestrian competition coming away with both team and individual gold, and the men's gymnastics team competition self-destructed. But we're pulling off beach volleyball and our women's soccer team is doing very well.


It's a good thing Gandalf isn't counting on me to meet him in Bree. I'd be running very late. But...baby steps are OK if one hasn't walked in years.

It's a slow walk so far for me on the treadmill, but I've been sticking with my determination to walk every day. I missed four days in July from the day that I determined to start, and I told myself that I would increase my distance to a mile a day for August. On the Eowyn Challenge (EowynChallenge.net recommended to me by Surgical Steel many months ago) I have reached the Stock Road, so not very far yet, but if I can stick with my goals for August, I'll be near the Elves camp of Woodhill by the end of the month. I know it doesn't sound like much, but just working out for a while each morning has been a positive thing and I know from my past that it takes me a while to build up my stamina, etc. So...baby steps but steps nonetheless and I'm pleased that so far I'm sticking with it.

No comments: