Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Writing Progress Graphic Challenges

I was caught up on my writing yesterday, had one possible pending that I hadn't made my mind up about yet, and was idle. So I returned to my H-verse and began taking a critical look at what I had written in a mad spate of activity in July/August. It's actually not bad! I was quite surprised, although I have read and re-read many of the chapters multiple times, I am fairly happy with them. I was revisiting some of the later chapters I have written to determine how to alter one aspect to fit my personal comfort level. And I think I can be successful in the slight changes that I want to make. I'm eager to get back to work on this novel. I like the characters, I like the history that I see for them, and I think there is a story there to be told.


I belong to an on-line group of people, most of whom are probably young enough to be my children or even my grandchildren, assigning challenges based on A Game of Thrones. George RR Martin's five (eventually scheduled for seven) novels are cumbersome, bloody, dark, anoying, need a good editor, and still very readable. This group issues challenges, usually either graphic or writing based, and each of three teams gets points by what its team members submit. I am on Team Stark, my friend who originally got me involved is on Team Lannister. Yesterday's graphic was easy - three pics to post, piece of cake. Now they have a 20 in 20 challenge going - twenty separate pieces of our choice, written or graphic or mixed, in 20 days. I wrote the first piece yesterday - fun! This shouldn't be a problem unless time compresses on me, so keeping up will be the important thing.


Be creative today!

No comments: