Monday, September 19, 2011

Running Late...

How can I wake up at 3:30 am and be running late at 5:45 am? Well, I know why I'm late - I had to catch up on a few new chapters in stories that I have been following. So...bad me.


I have a lovely, fluffy feather on my hat. Although this is not my own feather, mine was just as wet and pathetic looking when we left the festival grounds yesterday afternoon.

We went to Ren Fest yesterday. It was cold, it was rainy, and even though I was dressed warmly, we still decided to leave at 2pm. We are experienced Ren attendees and know how to dress for less than optimal weather, but I am still on the recovering end of my bronchitis and I wasn't really in the mood to hang out for three more hours until Men in Tights. I wanted to see it, I always love it, but the thought of three more hours in the rain just didn't do it for me. So, my damp cloak (thank goodness for good wool) and my lovely shawl from my friend Shruti did exactly what they needed to do, they kept me warm. But they were home, drying out, by 3:00 pm. I called it an early night also, going to sleep at 9:30 pm.

So happy "Talk Like A Pirate" day. Avast, ye maties, and move those land-lubber legs of yourn onto the roads and streams of your life today. Arghhh!

No comments: