Friday, June 24, 2011

Movies and Art

So Chickie, Chickie Mama and I went to see Kung Fu Panda 2 last night.  Although it was not as good as the original KFP, it still was a lot of fun to see.  It seems that I still have $16 loaded on my movie card and there are several more movies coming up this year that I am looking forward to, so I'll be using that up and reloading my card again before you know it. 


I bought a new blade holder yesterday and started cutting out the stencils and shields for the next coats on my Big Bang enamelwork, and I started drawing what I may offer as one of the chapter heading drawings.  I'm not as good with pen as I wish I was, so the chapter heads may, or may not, actually happen.  My author did send me the third chapter and outlines for the remaining chapters last night so that I could work on them if I want.  I'm still not sure if he'll like my direction, but it's the way that I'm going and there is no time to look backwards, only forwards. 


Here is the final banner that I made.  This one is for my short drabble (a 100-word story) called "Survival of the Fittest".  I was very pleased with the story when it came together and it is wonderful that others also liked it enough to nominate it.  So far the stories that I've wanted to nominate have already been nominated, so I'm happy and I'll just have to remember to find time to review them when that aspect of the awards opens up.  Have a wonderfully creative day! 

No comments: